Need a beautiful baby gift? Try this colorful granny ripple free baby blanket crochet pattern.
There are lots of different color versions and examples. The author of the crochet pattern has made a video, chart and size chart to help you make your own beautiful colorful chevron free baby blanket crochet pattern.
The original crochet blanket uses gauge 5 bulky yarn and can be finished in 6 days. I really like the 4 color repeat.
There are pretty examples using variegated cake yarns too for this attractive crochet blanket.
There a lots of different ideas for the edging of the crocheted blanket too. Create your own special crocheted blanket today!
The crochet patterns are free. There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
6 Day Free Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
A colorful striped granny ripple crocheted blanket pattern that has been made by 100’s. I am looking for colors to make my own.
The picture of the blue and green blanket is made using four yarn colors: Teal, Sage, Duck Egg, and White Stylecraft Special DK Yarn.
Level: Intermediate Author: Betty McKnit
You will find the free crochet blanket pattern here. More info here.
Facebook page or in the 6DKB group.
Try this version of the granny ripple chevron crochet pattern with a ruffle. It would make a beautiful crocheted baby blanket gift for a little girl.
The crochet pattern has a snowflake like effect. I think it would be lovely in a pink and white ombre colors of yarn.
Girl Baby Crochet Blanket Pattern here. Baby Boy Crochet Blanket Pattern here.
American Standard Baby Blanket Sizes Crochet
- Lovey: 14 in x 14 in – great for cuddling (35.56 cm)
- Large Lovey: 20 in x 20 in – great for cuddling and covering a newborn in the car seat (50.8 cm)
- Preemie Blanket: 18 in x 18 in (45.72 cm)
- Receiving Blanket: 30 in x 30 in – a great size for a newborn (76.2 cm)
- Baby Blanket: 29 in x 35 in – a great size for a new baby with room to grow (73.66 cm x 88.9 cm)
- Swaddling Blanket: 40 in x 40 in- for wrapping a newborn up tight usually made of gauze or flannel (101.6 cm) but a lightweight yarn would work
- Crib: 45 in x 60 in (114.3 cm x 152.4 cm) – a great blanket size for growing into, toddlers, or a throw for older children
Of course, these sizes are just standard blanket sizes and you wan make them to fix your needs and size. My size choice also depends on how much yarn I have left and the repeat of the pattern.
I hope this helps you decide what size of baby blanket to crochet.
More Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Crossed Double Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Easy Gray & Pink Stripe Baby Blanket Pattern
- Gray Blue Skies Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Pop of Color Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Herringbone Stripe Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern– Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Dainty Dot Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Leaf Ripple Throw Crochet Pattern
- Ombre Textured Throw Blanket
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free crochet pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free Crochet pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Cable Blanket Crochet Patterns
- 16 Blanket Crochet Patterns – Make a Cozy Throw
- 21 Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns Free
- Colorful Teardrop Free Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Seafoam Striped Crochet Baby Blanket Free PDF Pattern
Other Free Crochet Patterns
- Herringbone Dish Cloth Crochet Pattern
- Easy Bunny
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Pillow – free pattern
- Star stitch Pouch – free pattern
- Free Unicorn Dreams Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Heart square – free pattern
- Jungle Baby Blanket
- Puppy lovey – free pattern
- Free Bulky Hat Patterns
- Free Dino Patterns
- Free Market Tote Bag
- Nesting Basket – Free Pattern
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Ear Warmer – Free pattern
- Christmas Tree – free pattern
- Christmas -free patterns