We found a snail shell when we are out on a walk. The shell inspired us to do this striped paper snail kid craft. This snail kid craft just needs a few supplies.
Snail kid crafts are great for the letter S alphabet theme and great to add to garden craft themes for the summertime.
Pair the craft with a cute book like Norman the Slug with the Silly Shell a great book about a slug who wants to be like a snail.
I have gathered some fun easy snail crafts.
How to Make a Striped Paper Snail Kid Craft
- paper – I used white 9 x 12 drawing paper
- oil pastels – I used these
- googly eyes
- scissors (safety scissors for the kids)
First, cut your paper into 3 section lengthwise. Mine were 3 x 12 in. You need 4 strips for each snail.
Next, color 2 strips the same solid color on one side of the paper. Color the other 2 strips with stripes.
Next, glue 2 of the strips with stripes end to end overlapping about a 1/4 in. Press for a couple of minutes. Then let dry. Next roll up the stripes with the stripes on the outside. Match the one in to the outside end in a loose roll. Glue both ends. Hold until it sticks, a couple of minutes.
Then, loose fold the 2 body pieces in half. Put glue on both ends and press. Hold until the glue sticks. Then glue both of the glued ends together. Let dry.
Cut a triangle in the tail. Leaving a little connected point. Use one of the left over pieces and make a trapezoid. Then cut out a triangle in the middle of the wide side to make antennae. Glue to the head.
Finish by gluing eyes to the head and the shell to the body.
Pin for Later
MORE SUMMER FUN
- KITE CRAFTS 15 + COLORFUL CRAFTS
- SUN CRAFTS – 15 + BRIGHT CRAFTS
- 20 PLUS BUG CRAFTS – A LIST OF COLORFUL BUG KID CRAFTS
- GARDEN CRAFT – 20 + KID CRAFT
- Bee Crafts
- Ladybug Crafts
- Caterpillar Crafts
- Snail Crafts
MORE CRAFTS, FUN & BRIGHT FOR ALL AGES
- SPRING FLOWERS – 20 PLUS FLOWER CRAFTS
- RAINBOW CRAFTS – 20 PLUS COLORFUL CRAFTS
- BUTTERFLY CRAFTS- 20 PLUS BEAUTIFUL CRAFTS
- EARTH DAY CRAFT – 20 + KID CRAFT
- RECYCLED CRAFT – 20 + KID CRAFT
- 4th of July Crafts
I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. I have 40 plus years of experience. My blogging journey started in 2013 and I have been writing about crafts and crocheting since then. I started blogging full time in 2019.