Looking for an adorable crochet baby gift? A gift that is cute and practical? You can always use another baby blanket. This simply stunning crochet baby blanket will be a perfect gift.
Any worsted weight size 4 would work great for this blanket. I would choose baby yarn that is nice and soft.
You can change the light blue to pink and make a pretty baby gift for a little girl. A pale green would make a great unisex baby blanket.
Check out this free crochet pattern under the link below and follow us on Pinterest for more creative ideas!
There are lots of free patterns as well as adorable paid patterns too, baby rattles, baby loveys, baby blankets, mobiles, stuffed toys, and baby shoes.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a commission if you purchase through these links.
Sweet Dreams Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
This crochet baby blanket would be cute using this softee baby yarn from Bernat.
Skills: Easy Designer: Courtney Carter
American Standard Baby Blanket Sizes Crochet
- Lovey: 14 in x 14 in – great for cuddling (35.56 cm)
- Large Lovey: 20 in x 20 in – great for cuddling and covering a newborn in the car seat (50.8 cm)
- Preemie Blanket: 18 in x 18 in (45.72 cm)
- Receiving Blanket: 30 in x 30 in – a great size for a newborn (76.2 cm)
- Baby Blanket: 29 in x 35 in – a great size for a new baby with room to grow (73.66 cm x 88.9 cm)
- Swaddling Blanket: 40 in x 40 in- for wrapping a newborn up tight usually made of gauze or flannel (101.6 cm) but a lightweight yarn would work
- Crib: 45 in x 60 in (114.3 cm x 152.4 cm) – a great blanket size for growing into, toddlers, or a throw for older children
Of course, these sizes are just standard blanket sizes and you wan make them to fix your needs and size. My size choice also depends on how much yarn I have left and the repeat of the pattern.
I hope this helps you decide what size of baby blanket to crochet.
More Baby Patterns
- Crossed Double Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Easy Gray & Pink Stripe Baby Blanket Pattern
- Gray Blue Skies Crochet Baby Blanket
- Pop of Color Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Herringbone Crochet Stripe Baby Blanket Pattern – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Dainty Dot Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Leaf Ripple Throw
- Ombre Textured Throw Blanket
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Baby Blankets
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Baby Shoes
- Summer Baby Shoes
- Baby Lovey
- Baby Rattle