Have you tried this classic crochet stitch? The ripple, wave or chevron crochet stitch is favorite stitch that usually has a 1 row repeat and makes ripples. Learn the basics of how to how crochet a ripple blanket with these 27 crochet patterns and videos.
This classic pattern never goes out of style. The ripple crochet afghan or blanket is easy to do after you learn the decrease stitch or the crochet together stitch.
Learning how to crochet a ripple blanket is easy you need to know basic stitches like single and double crochet plus the decrease stitch, though sometimes you just skip stitches instead.
There are all kinds of crochet ripple blankets to make in different sizes, baby, lap afghan, or throw. You can learn a lot of different variations too.
New to the ripple crochet stitch? Try this classic blue & white cotton kitchen towel that use a half double ripple stitch crochet pattern.
There are crochetd blankets made using wool, chenille, velvet, and regular acrylic in worsted weight, bulky, and super bulky yarn.
New to making crocheted blankets? I have shared some videos on how to crochet a ripple blanket at the bottom of the post.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Crochet a Ripple Blanket Patterns
Try this classic ripple baby blanket crochet pattern. This free soft rainbow baby blanket crochet pattern use lightweight cotton yarn.
This lightweight baby rainbow wave blanket is made of gauge 3 soft cotton. This colorful baby blanket is great for warmer weather.
5 out of 5 – I was able to make this adorable baby blanket using the pattern. It is very easy to follow, it’s actually the first pattern I have ever attempted. I would highly recommend this to other people.
Make a modern super bulky version of the classic ripple pattern using Bernat Blanket Yarn. Bernat Blanket Yarn has tons of different colors available and is an inexpensive choice.
Looking for a pretty crocheted ripple throw afghan? A throw that is soft and squishy but not too hard to make?
This free velvet leaf ripple crochet blanket pattern will be a great project to try. It only has two stitches, half double and half double crochet together.
This bulky yarn is a little thinner than most chunky yarns. It is a little hard to work with so it would not be a great beginner project.
A modern chevron crochet blanket pattern, that would look great in anyone’s home.
Very good directions. Very easy to work up and memorize the pattern. Nice that the pattern is affordable too. Thanks! It will be a gift for my parents.
Very well written pattern with nice graphics to demonstrate how to join the strips and make the border.
Excellent easy to follow instructions on this surprisingly quick to make blanket. I haven’t put it all together yet and am using different colors but can’t wait to see the finished product. Great tutorial!
Ever find a pattern and just fall in love? I just did! I kind of wanted a ripple, but at the same time, I’m tired of them. This one is perfect for folks like me. Color? Yes, please, Caron cakes? Nirvana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In this little beauty, you can use more than one cake and they can be different cakes. I have one I want to use now and can use others in my stash or order new ones will compliment – or not.
I am one happy woman right now. Gotta go get my hook. I’m starting this beauty right now! Oh, and it’s easy too!
Beautiful, easy pattern. I have made several of these in varying color combos and the recipients love them
Pattern was easy to follow. Loved the blanket and color suggestions
my blanket is working up quickly and beautifully thanks to these simple, clear instructions!
Absolutely beautiful pattern with plenty of details! Picking just the right colors to make it, thank you!
Gorgeous pattern, easy to follow and works up fast! Love it!
More Free Ripple Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 14. Free Rainbow Ridge Afghan
- 15. Free Rainbow Waves Blanket Pattern – Video
- 16. The Ripple Stitch – Bella Coco Crochet – Video
- 17. Gentle Ripple Crochet Pattern – Daisy Cottage Designs Video
- 18. Easy Crochet Ripple Blanket Tutorial – YouTube Video
- 19. Simple Ripple Stitch Crochet Tutorial – Video
- 20. Crochet Chevron or Ripples in Any Size – Video
- 21. Super Easy Ripple Stitch Crochet Tutorial – One Row Repeat
- 22. Blanket Ripple Crochet Pattern
- 23. Crochet Spaced Ripples Blanket Pattern – Video
- 24. Chunky Ripples Blanket Tutorial
- 25. Classic Round Ripple Crochet Baby Blanket – Sunburst Pattern – Video
- 26. Mocha Ripple Afghan, a beginner crochet blanket pattern
- 27. Ripple Throw Blanket Crochet Pattern
More Free Baby Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Mixed Cluster Baby Blanket
- Herfst Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Light Pink Gingham Blanket
- Berries and Cream Blanket
- Crochet Modern Granny Blanket in Peach and Grey
- Ombre Striped Blanket
- Crochet Modern Boho Granny Blanket
- Catherine’s Wheel Blanket
- Crochet Striped Modern Granny Blanket
- Striped Thicket Stitch Blanket
- Crochet Diamond Berry Stitch Blanket
More Free Crochet Patterns for Babies’ Blankets
- Ripple Baby Blanket
- Crochet Block Diamond Blanket
- Daisy Crochet Afghan
- Crochet Berry Chevron Baby Blanket
- Vintage Chic Blanket
- Crochet Even Berry Stitch Blanket
- Daisy Travel Blanket
- Crochet Boho Berry Stitch Blanket
- Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Polka Dot Heart Doll Blanket
- Single Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket
- Crochet Petal Stitch Baby Blanket
More Free Crochet Baby Afghan Patterns
- Free Blue Beautiful Boy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Teal Chevron Baby Blanket
- Baby Boy Blue Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Spring to Life Baby Blanket
- Get in Line Granny Baby Blanket
- Simple Stitch Baby Blanket
- Crochet Boxed Block Stitch Blanket
- Wintergreen Blanket
- Crochet Modern Granny Blanket in Peach and Blue
- Quick and Chunky Blanket
- Bernat Baby Velvet Yarn Blanket
- Modern Double Crochet V-Stitch Blanket
- Oliver Baby Blanket
- Modern Crochet Gingham Baby Blanket
- Striped Thicket Stitch Blanket
- Single Crochet Chevron Blanket in Mint, Gray, and White
- Textured Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Red Gingham Blanket
- Chevron Baby Blanket
- Crochet Country Blues Baby Blanket
- Bahama Waves Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Polka Dot Blanket
- Ever So Striped Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Crochet Ribbed Diamond Blanket
- X’s and O’s Baby Blanket
- Crochet Even Squares Baby Blanket
- Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw
- Summertime Stripes Crochet Blanket
- Springtime Baby Crochet Blanket
- V-Stitch Rainbow Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Baby Ripple Afghan
- Road Trip Baby Blanket
- Makin’ Squares Blanket
- 4 Hour Blanket
- Diagonal Rainbows Baby Blanket
- Herringbone DC Gingham Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket
- Beach Day Blanket
- Feather and Fan Baby Blanket
Pin for Later