I needed an ornament idea for our open house at the artisan consignment store I work at. This is what I came up with, an easy wood Rudolph ornament.
It doesn’t need many supplies and it is easy for kids to do too. You could use googly eyes and a red pompom too. I ordered the wood circles from amazon but you could replace them with another circle or use cardboard. Have fun making this Rudolph ornament.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
- gold glitter or gold metallic paint
- gold and white baker’s twine – or another string to hang the ornament
- wood round disc – about 4 in — they were out of stock when I checked but these were available
- red and brown acrylic paint
- paint brush
- black permanent marker
Paint wood circle and 2 clothespins brown. Paint the clothespins on a sides. You will need 2-3 coats. Let dry.
Paint the front of the 2 clothespins with gold metallic paint. Or spread white glue and sprinkle gold glitter on.
Paint a red nose in the center of the brown circle. Use the hole to help you center the nose. You will need 2 coats. Let dry.
Using a black sharpie marker draw 2 eyes and a mouth.
Glue the 2 clothespins at the top as antlers.
Cut a piece of white and gold baker’s twine for the hanger. Thread the twine through the hole and tie a knot.
Pin for Later
- Christmas Kid Crafts
- Reindeer Kid Crafts
- Christmas Tree Crafts
- Santa Kid Crafts
- Wreath Kid Craft
- Elf Kid Crafts
- Gingerbread Crafts
- Christmas Ornaments
- Angle Kid Crafts
- Paper Plate Christmas Ornament Kid Craft
- Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Craft
- Fingerprint Christmas Tree Craft
- Wood Rudolph Ornament Craft