Welcome to the Mayberry Stitch Crochet Tutorial! In this project, we’ll be creating a beautiful and practical cotton dishcloth using a combination of raised bobbles and half double crochet stitch.
The cotton yarn colors we’ll be using are coral and teal, giving your dishcloth a lovely pop of color.
This pattern is great for both beginners and experienced crocheters alike. The raised bobbles add a fun texture to the dishcloth, while the half double crochet stitch keeps things simple and easy to follow.
Once complete, this dishcloth is perfect for personal use or as a thoughtful gift for friends and family.
The Cotton Yarn
Crafted from soft and comfortable fibers, the Lily Sugar N’ Cream cotton yarn offers a high-quality texture that’s perfect for producing anything from dishcloths and washcloths to garments, accessories and home décor items.
The unique fade-resistant dye ensures that the gorgeous teal and coral color scheme will remain vibrant through repeated washing and use.
Each 4 oz skein of Teal yarn is 4-ply, worsted weight is 190 yds of yarn making it perfect for larger projects requiring more yarn. The Coral Seas Ombre 3 oz is 143 yds.
The yarn is easy to find and use. Cotton yarn is a durable yarn great for dishcloths and other kitchen items.
Try these other kitchen patterns: free herringbone dish clothes crochet pattern and even berry dishcloth.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Free Printable Crochet Pattern at the Bottom of Written Pattern Directions
Learn the Mayberry Stitch Crochet Pattern
- tapestry needle
- H – 5 mm crochet hook
- 1 – 3 oz Lily Sugar n Cream in Coral Seas Ombre any other worsted weight cotton yarn approx 143 yds
- 1 – 4 oz Lily Sugar n Cream in Teal any other worsted weight cotton yarn approx 190 yds
Tips for the Mayberry Stitch crochet pattern
- Stitch Pattern is a multiple of 2
- Ch 1 at beginning of row does NOT count as sc
- Ch 2 at beginning of row does NOT count as hdc
- Pull you bobble stitch a little tight after you complete it.
Chain an even number of stitches. For the dishcloth I chained 30.
Single crochet in the 2nd chain from the hook and in each chain until the end. Chain 2 and turn.
Half double crochet in the first stitch (the same stitch where you just did the chain 2.) Then skip 1 stitch and do 2 half double crochet stitches in the next stitch. Keep repeating *skip 1 stitch do 2 half double crochet stitches in the next. The last stitch will have 2 half double crochet stitches.
Chain 1 and turn.
Single crochet in the first and 2nd stitch (the same stitch where you just did the chain 1.) In the next stitch do 1 bobble (Insert hook into indicated stitch. Yarn over, draw up loop. Yarn over, insert hook into same stitch. Yarn over, pull up loop. Yarn, draw through 4 loops on hook.)
Then, do a single crochet in the next stitch. Repeat *1 single crochet, then 1 bobble stitch in the next* until you have 2 stitches left. Then do 1 single crochet in each stitch. The chain 2 does not count as a stitch so you do not put a single crochet in it.
Chain 2 and turn.
Repeat Step 3-4 until you have the number of rows you want. I ended the pattern with a row of single crochet.
Right Handed Mayberry Stitch Video Tutorial
Free Mayberry Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Abbreviations – US Terms
- yo – yarn over
- sk – skip
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
Special Stitch: Bobble- Insert hook into indicated stitch. Yarn over, draw up loop. YO, insert hook into same stitch. Yarn over, pull up loop. YO, draw through 4 loops on hook.
Row 1: sc in the 2nd ch from the hook at in each st across. Chain 2 and turn.
Row 2: Hdc in FIRST sc. *Sk 1 sc, 2 hdc in next sc. Rep from * all across row. Chain 1 and turn
Row 3: sc in first 2 hdc. Bobble in next st. *Sc in next st, bobble in next st. Repeat from * until 2 sts left. Sc in last 2 sts. Chain 2 and turn.
Row 4: Ch 2, hdc in FIRST st. *Sk 1 st, 2 hdc in next st. Rep from * all across row.
Rep rows -4 for 26 rows or until you have the length you want. My last row was a row of single crochet to match the starting row.
Congratulations on completing the Mayberry Stitch Crochet Tutorial! You’ve now created a beautiful and practical cotton dishcloth using a fun combination of raised bobbles and half double crochet stitches.
This versatile pattern is perfect for both personal use and gift-giving, and can be easily adapted to suit your preferred colors and yarns.
Remember, crochet is a wonderful hobby that allows you to create unique and personalized items for yourself and your loved ones.
Keep practicing, trying new patterns and techniques, and most importantly, have fun with it! If you enjoyed this tutorial, be sure to check out our other crochet patterns and resources on our website. Happy crocheting!
Favorite Free Dishcloth Patterns to Try
- Crunch Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Bean Stitch Dishcloth Crocheting Pattern
- Herringbone Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Mayberry Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern Free PDF
Pin for Later
Kitchen Crochet Patterns to Try
- 55 Kitchen Crochet Patterns – Quick and Easy Ideas
- Cotton Mini Cable Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Textured Stripe Crochet Dish Towel Pattern
- Crochet Towel Pattern – Easy Waffle Stitch
- Easy Cotton Waffle Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Suzette Stitch Washcloth Crochet Pattern
- Springtide Cotton Crochet Dishcloth Pattern Free
- Springtide Cotton Crochet Kitchen Towel Pattern
- Feather Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Easy Spike Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Rose Half Double V Washcloth Crochet Pattern
- Easy Colorful Berry Washcloth Crochet Pattern
- Quick Crochet Dishcloth Free Pattern V Stitch
- Floret Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern – How to
- Primrose Crochet Dishcloth Pattern -Crochet Stitch
- Washcloth Crochet Pattern Free Tutorial
- Free Crochet a Dishcloth Pattern – Over the Rainbow
- Easy Quick Crochet Dishcloth Free Pattern Double V Stitch
- Learn How to Star Stitch Crochet Washcloth Pattern
- 47 Free Crochet Washcloth Patterns to Try
- Crochet Moss Stitch Dishcloth Pattern Tutorial
- Double Cluster Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Crossed Double Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern – Quick Gift
- Bean Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Free Wide Double Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Easy Spider Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Mesh Stitch Dishcloth – Free Crochet Pattern