Have you tried this classic crochet stitch? The zig zag, ripple, wave, or chevron crochet stitch is favorite stitch that usually has a 1 row repeat and makes ripples. Learn the basics of how to how crochet a ripple blanket with these 35 crochet patterns and videos.
This classic zig zag crochet pattern never goes out of style. The ripple crochet afghan or blanket is easy to do after you learn the decrease stitch or the crochet together stitch.
Learning how to crochet a ripple blanket is easy you need to know basic stitches like single and double crochet plus the decrease stitch, though sometimes you just skip stitches instead.
There are all kinds of crochet ripple blankets to make in different sizes, baby, lap afghan, or throw. You can learn a lot of different variations too.
New to the ripple crochet stitch? Try this classic blue & white cotton kitchen towel that use a half double ripple stitch crochet pattern.
There are crocheted blankets made using wool, chenille, velvet, and regular acrylic in worsted weight, bulky, and super bulky yarn.
You could also make dishtowels or scarves using this wave or zig zag crochet pattern.
How Do You Crochet a Zig Zag Pattern – Chevron Crochet Pattern
New to learning how to crochet the zig zag or chevron pattern? Try some of these crochet chevron patterns below or some video and written zig zag crochet pattern tutorials.
This crochet stitch is know also as the ripple stitch. This classic zig zag stitch looks beautiful and a little tricky at first but after you try it a few times it is usually a simple repeat. Try one of these free crochet chevron stitch tutorials.
Zig Zag Stitch Free Tutorials
- Crochet Chevron, Ripple, Zig Zag, Wave – Blanket – Video
- Crochet Chevron Stitch – Easy Baby Blanket – Video
- Ripples in Any Size | EASY | The Crochet Crowd – Crochet Pattern – Video
- Crochet Textured Chevron / Zig Zag Stitch – YouTube
- Zig-Zag Crochet Baby Blanket – Free Pattern
- Chevron Tutorial – Bella Coco – Video
- Free Crochet Pattern Baby Ripple Blanket
- Video Zig Zag Stitch – Video
- Easy Chevron Blanket Pattern
- Basic Chevron Stitch for Beginners – Craftsy
- Simple Chevron Stitch – New Stitch a Day
- How to Crochet an Easy Double Crochet Chevron Stitch
Some of the crochet ripple patterns are free some are paid. There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Zig Zag Crochet Patterns
1. Blue Zig Zag Kitchen Towel Crochet Pattern – Free Printable PDF
This easy ripple dishtowel crochet pattern is made with the half double crochet stitch. dishtowel would make a great first project.
1. Free Rainbow Sherbet Ripple Baby Blanket Pattern
Try this classic ripple baby blanket crochet pattern. This free soft rainbow baby blanket crochet pattern use lightweight cotton yarn.
This lightweight baby rainbow wave zig zag blanket is made of gauge 3 soft cotton. This colorful baby blanket is great for warmer weather.
2. Ripple Blanket Crochet Blanket Pattern
5 out of 5 – I was able to make this adorable baby blanket using the pattern. It is very easy to follow, it’s actually the first pattern I have ever attempted. I would highly recommend this to other people.
3. Vintage White Super Chunky Chevron Throw Free Blanket Pattern
Make a modern super bulky version of the classic ripple pattern using Bernat Blanket Yarn. Bernat Blanket Yarn has tons of different colors available and is an inexpensive choice.
4. Chevron Baby Blanket Pattern
5. Free Leaf Ripple Velvet Crochet Blanket Pattern – Printable PDF
Looking for a pretty crocheted ripple throw afghan? A throw that is soft and squishy but not too hard to make?
This free velvet leaf ripple crochet blanket pattern will be a great project to try. It only has two stitches, half double and half double crochet together.
This bulky yarn is a little thinner than most chunky yarns. It is a little hard to work with so it would not be a great beginner project.
6. Grande Chevron Crocheted Blanket
A modern chevron crochet blanket pattern, that would look great in anyone’s home.
Very good directions. Very easy to work up and memorize the pattern. Nice that the pattern is affordable too. Thanks! It will be a gift for my parents.
7. Free Modern Crocheted Chunky Baby Blanket Pattern
8. Super Fine Chevron Crochet Blanket Pattern
Very well written pattern with nice graphics to demonstrate how to join the strips and make the border.
Excellent easy to follow instructions on this surprisingly quick to make blanket. I haven’t put it all together yet and am using different colors but can’t wait to see the finished product. Great tutorial!
9. Hugs & Kisses Baby Blanket Free Crochet Pattern
10. Renoir Ripple Crochet Blanket Pattern
Ever find a pattern and just fall in love? I just did! I kind of wanted a ripple, but at the same time, I’m tired of them. This one is perfect for folks like me. Color? Yes, please, Caron cakes? Nirvana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In this little beauty, you can use more than one cake and they can be different cakes. I have one I want to use now and can use others in my stash or order new ones will compliment – or not.
I am one happy woman right now. Gotta go get my hook. I’m starting this beauty right now! Oh, and it’s easy too!
11. Free Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern – Granny Ripple
12. Quick and Easy Wavy Crochet Blanket Pattern
Beautiful, easy pattern. I have made several of these in varying color combos and the recipients love them
Pattern was easy to follow. Loved the blanket and color suggestions
my blanket is working up quickly and beautifully thanks to these simple, clear instructions!
13. Bronte Ripple Blanket
Absolutely beautiful pattern with plenty of details! Picking just the right colors to make it, thank you!
Gorgeous pattern, easy to follow and works up fast! Love it!
15. Havra Ripple Scarf Pattern
Try the classic ripple in this colorful infinity scarf crochet pattern. This free brightly colored pattern will be an fun addition to your wardrobe.
More Free Ripple Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 15. Free Rainbow Waves Blanket Pattern – Video
- 16. The Ripple Stitch – Bella Coco Crochet – Video
- 17. Gentle Ripple Crochet Pattern – Daisy Cottage Designs Video
- 18. Easy Crochet Ripple Blanket Tutorial – YouTube Video
- 19. Simple Ripple Stitch Crochet Tutorial – Video
- 20. Crochet Chevron or Ripples in Any Size – Video
- 21. Super Easy Ripple Stitch Crochet Tutorial – One Row Repeat
- 22. Blanket Ripple Crochet Pattern
- 23. Crochet Spaced Ripples Blanket Pattern – Video
- 24. Chunky Ripples Blanket Tutorial
- 25. Classic Round Ripple Crochet Baby Blanket – Sunburst Pattern – Video
- 26. Mocha Ripple Afghan, a beginner crochet blanket pattern
- 27. Ripple Throw Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 28. Free Rainbow Ridge Afghan
- 29. Ripple Baby Blanket
- 30. Chevron Crochet Baby Blanket
- 31. Crochet Berry Chevron Baby Blanket
- 32. Teal Chevron Zig Zag Baby Blanket
- 33. Chevron Baby Blanket
- 34. Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket Pattern
- 35. Baby Ripple Afghan
Pin for Later
More Free Crochet Patterns
- 2 Color Pretty Pink Primrose Baby Blanket
- 101+ Free Crochet Patterns For Blankets and Throws
- 99 Free Chunky Crochet Patterns to Try
- 63 Crochet Throw Patterns Easy Free Ideas
- Ombre Throw Blanket Pattern
- Velvet Throw Blanket
- Even Berry Dish Cloth
- Herringbone Dish Cloth
- Easy Bunny
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern