Looking for some cozy free crochet patterns for blankets and throws? I have collected some different patterns all using different kinds of thickness of yarn and style. Most are easy crochet blanket patterns you can understand and make yourself.
There are all kinds of crocheted blankets to make in different sizes, baby, lap afghan, or throw. You can learn a lot of different stitch too.
There are blankets made using wool, chenille, velvet, and regular acrylic in worsted weight, bulky, and super bulky yarn.
New to making crocheted blankets? I have shared some videos on how to make super chunky and chunky blankets at the bottom.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Sport Weight Yarn Gauge 3 – Lightweight Crochet Blanket Patterns
Try is lightweight crocheted baby blanket pattern using Bernat Yarn. It is a self-striping yarn so there are few ends to weave in. The pattern is and easy repeat. This blanket would be great for a summer baby or any warmer climate.
Worsted Weight Yarn Gauge 4 – Crochet Blanket Patterns
Make this colorful blanket using Caron Cake Yarn in two colors. This free crochet pattern is made using the bean stitch and single crochet stitch in an easy repeat.
Try this colorful teardrop crocheted baby afghan pattern. The teardrop is an easy repeat pattern that makes for a colorful blanket.
This striped baby blanket pattern uses the half double crochet stitch in this easy basic pattern.
The yarn uses is a worsted weight gauge 4 yarn called It Feels Like Butta from Lion Brand Yarn. I love the softness of this unique tube yarn. It is easy to work with but does need to be tied carefully.
This blanket would be a great baby shower gift. You could make it to match any theme.
Make this easy colorful crocheted baby blanket pattern using cake yarn. You get lots of color with few ends to weave in. This free printable pattern is an easy repeat.
A pretty stripe blanket with a simple box stitch repeat made with a soft yarn.The box stitch is made using double crochet, so it is an easy repeat.
This blanket is made with a worsted weight gauge 4 yarn. The yarn, Feels Like Butta from Lion Brand Yarn has a soft texture. It is a unique tube yarn that is easy to work with.
Make this ombre throw pattern using Red Heart Ombre Yarn. This is an easy pattern with repeatable textures.
Make an easy striped afghan crochet pattern with free printable pattern. This colorful blanket is made with an easy repeat using Caron Paints Yarn.
Bulky Yarn Gauge 5 – Chunky Crochet Patterns for Blankets
Looking for a pretty crocheted ripple throw afghan? A throw that is soft and squishy but not too hard to make?
This free velvet leaf ripple crochet blanket pattern will be a great project to try. It only has two stitches, half double and half double crochet together.
This bulky yarn is a little thinner than most chunky yarns. It is a little hard to work with so it would not be a great beginner project.
Looking for a pretty textured throw? A throw that is soft and squishy but not too hard to make?
This free textured velvet blanket will be a great project to try. It only has three stitches, half double, front post double and back post double.
I was looking for my next project and wanted to make a blanket with Bernat Velvet Yarn. I love the softest of the yarn it is even softer than Bernat Blanket Yarn.
- Hearthside Chunky Crocheted Blanket
- Mod Heirloom Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Soft Beginner Bulky Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Velvet Crocheted Blanket Pattern – Vel Luxe Throw
- Simple Crocheted Blanket Go – To Pattern
- Velvet Yarn Striped Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Larksfoot Crochet Afghan
- Sleepy Valley Crocheted Baby Blanket
Super Bulky Yarn Gauge 6 – Super Chunky Crochet Blanket Patterns
I love the texture of the navy border using front and back post stitches. Change to pink and it would make a perfect gift for a little girl.
This free blanket blanket pattern is made with super bulky gauge 6 yarn.
A simple super bulky free Bernat yarn blanket using ocean, a pretty multicolored yarn. This pretty chunky crochet baby blanket pattern uses just 2 easy stitches so it would be great for your first project using Bernat Blanket Yarn.
A soft chunky clouds pink and white blanket with a pretty pink variegated yarn. This super chunky blanket yarn crochet patterns using triple crochet stitches to form rows of puffy clouds.
The free crocheted baby blanket pattern uses just two crochet stitches and super bulky gauge 6 yarn.
Looking for a soft chunky throw blanket? A gift that is soft and practical but not too hard to make?
This easy free gray stripe Bernat yarn chunky throw blanket crochet pattern will be a great project to try.
It only has 3 stitches, single, double and the even berry, which makes the textured square. This super chunky throw blanket works up fast too using super bulky yarn.
A free modern throw blanket pattern using the herringbone stitch and Caron Chunky Cakes Yarn.
The super chunky yarn pattern is an easy repeat that gives the unique pattern of the herringbone stitch. I love cake yarn, because it give you lots of colors without lots of ends to weave in.
Make a modern super bulky version of the classic ripple pattern using Bernat Blanket Yarn. Bernat Blanket Yarn has tons of different colors available and is an inexpensive choice.
A free modern blanket pattern using the spider stitch and Caron Chunky Cakes Yarn.
The pattern is an easy repeat that gives the unique pattern of the spider stitch in lines. I love cake yarn, because it give you lots of colors without lots of ends to weave in.
This free printable crocheted blanket pattern is made using single and double crochet in a easy repeat of 3 colors. Try this chunky blanket pattern using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. This blanket is a great throw size.
- Chunky Sampler Blanket Crochet Pattern – Wintertide Throw
- Vintage Lola Ripple Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Winter Chunky Ribbed Afghan Pattern
An easy chunky blanket using the crochet stitch: single crochet, which make a great blanket for beginners. Wide stripes make up this color block throw blanket.
The moss stitch is a great stitch to start with. It is made of a single crochet and a chain stitch. It looks great in the Bernat Blanket Yarn.
Wrap up in this soft chunky comfortable throw using front post stitches.
Who wouldn’t love this classic chevron blanket in black and white? It would look great on your couch and would be great to cuddle under while watching TV.
A perfect beginning pattern using only one yarn and one stitch. The pattern will work up fast and you won’t have many ends to weave in.
Looking to make a quick throw blanket? Try this free ribbed blanket using single crochet. Add some fun pom poms to finish the bulky blanket off.
A pretty 4 color striped chevron blanket using solid chunky yarn. It has cushy pom pom too.
Try this herringbone stitch baby blanket pattern. You can easily size the blanket up if you need something bigger.
This crocheted blanket is made with super bulky gauge 6 Bernat Blanket Yarn. The chenille yarn is a cake yarn that is self striping in a pretty coral color.
This free babies crochet blanket pattern is made with the classic shell stitch using double crochet.
The super bulky yarn is a lovely coral pink ombre. It is from the Dapple Bernat Blanket Yarn color line.
This yarn make a soft chenille blanket. It works up quickly with this super chunky gauge 6 yarn
This free chunky baby blanket crochet pattern is made with Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn in peach, white, and pink. It has an easy striped pattern that will work up quickly with this soft super bulky yarn.
Use a simple double crochet cluster to make this cute boy baby blanket. This pattern is made using Bernat Blanket self striping yarn.
I love self striping or cake yarn. You get all the colors without tons of ends to weave in.
This chunky blanket is made using super bulky yarn. It uses the double crochet stitch and a variation of it the crossed double crochet.
The Bernat Blanket Yarn is a pretty ombre of blues. This yarn is from the Dappled color line.
Make a pretty gray blue blanket with easy self striping yarn. It only has 2 stitches, double crochet and single crochet.
It is a great beginner baby blanket. This chunky baby blanket blanket works up fast too.
This throw or crib size blanket is made with Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn colors in Raspberry Kisses, White, and Buttercup. These colors are my daughter’s favorite colors.
This free crochet blanket pattern is an easy repeat that works up quickly. This pattern too 6 skeins of yarn.
Learn how to make a crochet baby blanket with this easy tutorial. This basic crochet blanket pattern uses single and double crochet stitches in an easy repeat.
Make this super bulky yarn blanket with Bernat Blanket Yarn. This soft chenille yarn works up fast. This free printable pattern using double crochet in the front and back post.
Make this chunky throw blanket using Bernat Blanket Yarn, a super bulky chenille yarn. This pattern is a quick and easy 2 row repeat.
Chunky Crochet Blanket Patterns – How to Videos
- Easiest & Fastest Crochet Blanket – Ribbed / Ridged – Super Chunky
- Super Chunky Crochet: The Tight Weave Stitch
- Crochet Chunky Tweeds Blanket Pattern – YouTube
- How to Crochet a Super Chunky Shell Stitch Blanket – YouTube
More Free Baby Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Mixed Cluster Baby Blanket
- Herfst Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Light Pink Gingham Blanket
- Berries and Cream Blanket
- Crochet Modern Granny Blanket in Peach and Grey
- Ombre Striped Blanket
- Crochet Modern Boho Granny Blanket
- Catherine’s Wheel Blanket
- Crochet Striped Modern Granny Blanket
- Striped Thicket Stitch Blanket
- Crochet Diamond Berry Stitch Blanket
More Free Crochet Patterns for Babies’ Blankets
- Ripple Baby Blanket
- Crochet Block Diamond Blanket
- Crochet Daisy Afghan
- Crochet Berry Chevron Baby Blanket
- Vintage Chic Blanket
- Crochet Even Berry Stitch Blanket
- Daisy Travel Blanket
- Crochet Boho Berry Stitch Blanket
- Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Polka Dot Heart Doll Blanket
- Single Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket
- Crochet Petal Stitch Baby Blanket
More Free Crochet Baby Afghan Patterns
- Free Blue Beautiful Boy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Teal Chevron Baby Blanket
- Baby Boy Blue Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Spring to Life Baby Blanket
- Get in Line Granny Baby Blanket
- Simple Stitch Baby Blanket
- Crochet Boxed Block Stitch Blanket
- Wintergreen Blanket
- Crochet Modern Granny Blanket in Peach and Blue
- Quick and Chunky Blanket
- Bernat Baby Velvet Yarn Blanket
- Modern Double Crochet V-Stitch Blanket
- Oliver Baby Blanket
- Modern Crochet Gingham Baby Blanket
- Striped Thicket Stitch Blanket
- Single Crochet Chevron Blanket in Mint, Gray, and White
- Textured Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Red Gingham Blanket
- Chevron Baby Blanket
- Crochet Country Blues Baby Blanket
- Bahama Waves Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Polka Dot Blanket
- Ever So Striped Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Crochet Ribbed Diamond Blanket
- X’s and O’s Baby Blanket
- Crochet Even Squares Baby Blanket
- Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw
- Summertime Stripes Crochet Blanket
- Springtime Baby Crochet Blanket
- V-Stitch Rainbow Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Baby Ripple Afghan
- Road Trip Baby Blanket
- Makin’ Squares Blanket
- 4 Hour Blanket
- Diagonal Rainbows Baby Blanket
- Herringbone DC Gingham Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket
- Beach Day Blanket
- Feather and Fan Baby Blanket
Pin for Later
More Free Crochet Patterns
- Ombre Throw Blanket
- Velvet Throw Blanket
- Even Berry Dish Cloth
- Herringbone Dish Cloth
- Easy Bunny
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Pillow – free pattern
- Star stitch Pouch – free pattern
- Free Unicorn Dreams Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Heart square – free pattern
- Jungle Baby Blanket
- Puppy lovey – free pattern
- Free Bulky Hat Patterns
- Dino Patterns
- Free Market Tote Bag
- Nesting Basket – Free Pattern
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Ear Warmer – Free pattern
- Christmas Tree – free pattern
- Christmas -free patterns
- 9 Free Baby Blanket
More Baby Crochet Patterns
- Summer Baby Shoes
- Crochet Baby Shoes Pattern
- Baby Blankets
- Baby Lovey
- Security Blanket
- Baby Rattle
- Easy Baby Blankets
- More Baby shoes
- Baby Boots
More Amigurumi Patterns
- Beginner Amigurumi
- Horse & Unicorn
- Teddy Bear
- Free Dinosaur
- More Unicorn
- More Bunny
- More Dinosaurs
More Crochet Patterns
- Hooded Scarves
- Cable Blanket
- Ear Warmer
- Triangular Shawl Patterns
- Shawl Crochet Patterns