The crocus have already bloomed and the daffodils are out, next lovely tulips. Spring has arrived, yea! Soon there will be blooms on the flowering trees, crab apple, ornamental pears, and cherry trees, a great time to make a cherry blossom handprint tree craft.
I look forward to spending more time outside, lots of hikes by the river walk, planting flowers, and trips to the park.
Make this easy cherry blossom handprint tree craft. I made this with my 2 year old, who loves to paint. She was more interested in making swirls then dots for the flowers.
How to Make Cherry Blossom Handprint Tree Craft for Kids
- Paint – Brown, pink and white – i used cheap acrylic paint
Paint 1 hand and up the arm brown for the tree trunk. Have them press their hand with their fingers spread wide and arm in the center of the paper.
Peak to see if there is a print if not press down again. My toddler was more interested it finger painting but we did get 1 good tree. I always keep some wet wipes near by to for easy clean up.
Pour a small amount of pink and white paint on a plate or plastic lid. I always have extra plastic lids and they make for easy clean up.
Then using the pink paint dip your finger in and make dots all over the hand and fingers part of the print. Next use the white to make more dots. Finished
You could add some grass, sun and other details for older children. As spring continues you could come back and add leaves.
More spring tree crafts for preschoolers and toddlers
- 20 plus spring tree crafts
- Fingerprint Cherry Blossom Tree Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Cherry Blossom Tree Craft
More spring crafts, fun & bright for all ages
- Fingerprint Cherry Blossom Tree Craft for Kids
- Hyacinth Craft for Kids
- Free Printable Tulip Template Craft for Preschoolers and Toddlers
- Egg Carton Tulip Craft for Kids
- Handprint Spring Tree Craft
- Tissue Paper Spring tree Craft
- Spring Chick Craft
- 20+ Spring Flower Crafts for Kids
- Spring Kid Crafts
- List Butterfly Crafts
- 20+ Flower Crafts
- Easter Kid Crafts
- Free Printable Easter Egg Template Craft for Kids
- Kite Kid Crafts
- Garden Kid Crafts
- Rain Kid Crafts
- 20 Spring Tree Kid Crafts
- 23 Rainbow Crafts for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Bracelet Craft for Kids
- Free Printable Rainbow Template Craft
- Easy Recycle Suncatcher Craft for Kids
- Tissue Paper Rainbow Suncatcher Craft for Kids
- 20 Fun Garden Crafts for Kids
- 19 Bug Crafts for Preschoolers and Toddlers
- 20 Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- 20 Recycled Crafts for Preschoolers
- 15 Ladybug Craft for Kids
- Printable Dot Butterfly Craft
- Easy Mother’s Day Craft – You Are My Sunshine
- Printable Fingerprint Mother’s Day Card – Handmade Gift
- 50 Mother’s Day Crafts – Lots of Ideas to Celebrate Mom
- Mother’s Day Kids Gift Craft – Flower Market Bag
- Printable Flower Dot Painting Craft Template
I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. I have 40 plus years of experience. My blogging journey started in 2013 and I have been writing about crafts and crocheting since then. I started blogging full time in 2019.