Lately, we have seen lots of pretty butterflies flying around and even have tried to change some. This easy printable butterfly dot painting craft for kids template would be a great way to add a colorful craft.
My daughter has been enjoying catching butterflies with her net. It is a good exercise running all over the park. Then, after showing her dad, she lets them go.
This butterfly arts and craft project would be great for toddler and preschoolers to older children. You could have your kids use paint brush, markers, or fingers to make this craft too.
Pair this free easy printable butterfly template craft with a book for creating and reading fun. We like Little Blue Truck’s Springtime.
This free butterfly outline template could be used for a other butterfly crafts or for an easy coloring page for the letter B.
Looking for more spring fun crafts? Try this hyacinth paper craft or fingerprint cherry blossom craft. There are also more than 50 spring crafts to try. Try these flower crafts or this watercolor tulip.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a commission if you purchase through these links.
How to Make an Easy Printable Butterfly Dot Painting Craft for Kids – Free Butterfly Template Outline
- free butterfly printable –
- White Card stock
- Bright liquid watercolors or try these Watercolors with brush
- 5 small plastic cups or 1 for the water
First, print out the free printable butterfly template file on white card stock.
Next, pour a little of the liquid watercolors in each of the cups. I have blue, yellow, red, orange, purple and green.
Then, dip a cotton swab in a color of your choice and make a dot. Repeat, change cotton swab for each color. The more often you dip the cotton swab in the color the darker the color will be.
You could use a paintbrush and paint the picture instead. Another option is using markers and making dots.
You could outline it with salt or black glue and use watercolors with that too. Another idea, is using tissue paper to fill in the flower with crunched up pieces.
Dot paint is a lot of fun and it can be creative without being hard. You can make all types of patterns on you dot art painting.
Try this flower printable I made too.
Pin for Later
More Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- Egg Template Printable
- Flower with Petals Printable
- Shamrock Template Printable
- Dot Flower Template Craft
- 5 Star Templates – Free Printable Outlines
- Free Pattern for Heart Template Printable – Valentine’s Day
Fun Bug Crafts for Kids
- 20 PLUS BUG CRAFTS – A LIST OF COLORFUL BUG KID CRAFTS
- Dragonfly Craft for Kids
- Paper Roll Dragonfly Craft
- Finger Painting Butterfly Craft
- List Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- Bee Crafts for Kids
- Ladybug Crafts
- Caterpillar Crafts
- Snail Crafts
More Spring Crafts for Kids
- SPRING FLOWERS – 20 PLUS FLOWER CRAFTS
- 20 PLUS SPRING – TREE CRAFTS
- EASTER CRAFTS – 20 PLUS BUNNY, CHICK, LAMB, AND EGG CRAFTS
- RAINBOW CRAFTS – 20 PLUS COLORFUL CRAFTS
- Fingerprint Cherry Blossom Tree Craft
- Hyacinth Craft
- Handprint Spring Tree Craft
- Tissue Paper Spring tree Craft
- Spring Chick Craft
- 20+ Spring Flower Crafts
- Spring Kid Crafts
- List Butterfly Crafts
- 20+ Rainbow Crafts
- 20+ Spring Flower Crafts
- Easter Kid Crafts
- Kite Kid Crafts
- Garden Kid Crafts
- Rain Kid Crafts
- Spring Tree Kid Crafts