What to learn how to crochet a blanket step by step? Try these great crochet blanket patterns for beginners using simple stitches.
There are step by step pictures and directions for this easy double crochet seafoam baby blanket. It shows you have to make this soft and simple blanket.
It is a great beginner blanket, a simple stripe. This super chunky blanket works up fast too using super bulky weight 6 yarn.
You might want to know what the easiest stitch is for a crochet blanket.
- double crochet stitch- quick because of the height and easy beginner stich
- half double crochet stitch – easy to learn
- moss stitch – easy combination of single crochet and chains
- spider stitch – another easy combination of single crochet
- sedge stitch – easy combination of single, half and double crochet
There are a lots of other stitches to try too that work up easily for blankets. Look for patterns that have a simple repeat and use variations of the double crochet for the quickest blankets.
Bulky or chunky yarn blankets are quick to make too. The thick yarn make them easy to crochet and quick.
You might what to know how long it takes a beginner to crochet a blanket? It depends on the size of the blanket, gauge of the yarn, and which stitch you are using. If you use bulky yarn, double crochet and a baby blanket you could be done in a few hours depending on your skill.
There are other basic blankets using easy crochet stitches. They use the double crochet, half double crochet, herringbone stitch, and more.
These crochet blanket patterns for beginner will tell you how to crochet an easy blanket for beginners. I would start this double crochet striped baby blanket.
Learn How to Make Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
Try this beginner stripe baby blanket blanket using the half double crochet stitch. It uses just one stitch and a easy repeat. This yarn is soft and there is an variety of colors to choose from great for a boy or girl.
Try this baby afghan pattern. It will make a soft baby gift. The pattern is great for beginners.
This is a quick and easy baby blanket with a simple repeat. This blanket uses the double and single crochet stitch to make the box stitch. It works up quickly with this easy to use soft yarn.
Looking for a soft chunky throw blanket? A gift that is soft and practical but not too hard to make?
This easy free gray stripe Bernat yarn chunky throw blanket crochet pattern will be a great project to try.
It only has 3 stitches, single, double and the even berry, which makes the textured square. This super chunky throw blanket works up fast too using super bulky yarn.
This crochet blanket pattern is an easy repeat using self-striping baby yarn. The beginner crochet pattern works up quickly and is great for a beginner. Learn how to make this crochet blanket today.
This crocheted throw or crib size blanket is made with Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn colors in Raspberry Kisses, White, and Buttercup. These colors are my daughter’s favorite colors.
This free crochet blanket pattern is an easy repeat that works up quickly. This pattern too 6 skeins of yarn.
A free modern throw blanket pattern using the herringbone stitch and Caron Chunky Cakes Yarn. This is a great beginner pattern using just one stitch and self-striping bulky yarn.
This is a great beginner blanket crochet pattern. It uses just one stitch in a simple repeat with a self-striping cake yarn.
This crochet blanket pattern for beginners is a great step by step tutorial on how to make a baby blanket. It shows all the steps to make a crocheted beginner blanket. It uses two of the most basic crochet stitches, single and double crochet.
Make a colorful striped crochet afghan pattern. This stitch is an easy repeat. There is a free printable PDF pattern available.
This easy crochet blanket pattern for beginners uses basic stiches to make the pattern. The colors could be any combination you like.
Try this super chunky Caron Cakes blanket. It would be a great size for lap blanket or for a toddler bed. The yarn is soft with pretty flecks of the different colors mixed into the yarn.
This crochet throw pattern works up fast and easy. It uses the double crochet together stitch in a simple repeat.
Make this easy and quick baby blanket using self-striping cake yarn. This pattern uses double crochet in the front and back post in an easy repeat pattern which makes it great for beginners.
This free babies crochet blanket pattern is made with the classic shell stitch using double crochet.
The yarn is a lovely coral pink ombre. It is from the Dapple Bernat Blanket Yarn color line.
This yarn make a soft chenille blanket. It works up quickly with this super chunky gauge 6 yarn.
This easy bulky yarn blanket is made using a chenille variegated yarn. This blanket is a combo of single and double crochet stitches in the front and back post, using a simple repeat.
A simple bulky free Bernat yarn blanket using ocean, a pretty multicolored yarn. This pretty chunky crochet baby blanket pattern uses just 2 easy stitches so it would be great for your first beginner project using Bernat Blanket Yarn.
A free modern blanket pattern using the spider stitch and Caron Chunky Cakes Yarn. This yarn is a soft super bulky gauge 6 yarn that is easy to work with. I love the mix of the grays and how there are touches of the other colors in the color before it.
The pattern is an easy repeat that gives the unique pattern of the spider stitch in lines. I love cake yarn, because it give you lots of colors without lots of ends to weave in.
More Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 14. Crochet Simple Pink Baby Blanket
- 15. Crochet Beginner Grit Stitch Baby Blanket
- 16. Jane Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 17. Crochet Modern Moss Stitch Blanket
- 18. Color Block Beginner Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 19. Cozy & Quick Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- 20. Beginner Fall Throw Blanket
- 21. Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
Pin for Later
More Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Gray Modern Chunky Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern – Bulky Yarn
- Blue Dapple Crochet Baby Blanket – super bulky yarn
- Gray Blue Skies Crochet Baby Blanket – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Easy Gray & Pink Stripe Baby Blanket Pattern – chunky yarn blanket
- Herringbone Stripe Baby Blanket – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Dainty Dot Baby Blanket
- Leaf Ripple Throw – Velvet Yarn
- Ombre Textured Throw Blanket
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern – Bulky Blanket
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket