Wondering, what size should you make your next crochet blanket? There are different standard blanket sizes as well as standard bed or mattress sizes in both inches and centimeters.
The blanket sizes vary by country and taste. This table of blanket sizes will give you an idea of what size to make for your next crochet afghan or knitting blanket project.
Baby blanket sizes in cm and in. If you are wondering about the size of baby blanket for a crochet pattern look below in the chart.
If you have been wondering what baby blanket crochet size to make in centimeters or inches check out the list below. There are mattress sizes in both centimeters and inches too.
American Crochet Standard Blanket Sizes
- Lovey: 14 in x 14 in – great for cuddling (35.56 cm)
- Large Lovey: 20 in x 20 in – great for cuddling and covering a newborn in the car seat (50.8 cm)
- Preemie Blanket: 18 in x 18 in (45.72 cm)
- Receiving Blanket: 30 in x 30 in – a great baby blanket size for a newborn (76.2 cm)
- Baby Blanket: 29 in x 35 in – a great size for a new baby with room to grow (73.66 cm x 88.9 cm)
- Swaddling Blanket: 40 in x 40 in- for wrapping a newborn up tight usually made of gauze or flannel (101.6 cm)
- Crib: 45 in x 60 in (114.3 cm x 152.4 cm)
- Lapghan: 36 x 48 in (91.44 cm x 121.92 cm)
- Throw: 50 in x 60 in (127 cm x 152.4 cm)
- Twin: 66 in x 90 in (167.64 cm x 228.6 cm)
- Double: 80 in x 90 in (203.2 cm x 228.6 cm)
- Queen: 90 in x 90 in (228.6 cm) or 90 in to 100 in (228.6 cm x 254 cm)
- King: 108 in x 90 in (274.32 cm x 228.6 cm) or 108 in to 100 in ( 274.32 cm x 254 cm)
Of course, these sizes are just standard blanket sizes and you wan make them to fix your needs and size. My size choice also depends on how much yarn I have left and the repeat of the pattern.
Guidelines for American Mattress Crochet Sizes in inches and centimeters.
Free Crochet Blanket Patterns To Try
Leaf Ripple Cozy Crochet Blanket Pattern
Looking for a pretty ripple throw afghan? A throw that is soft and squishy but not too hard to make?
This free velvet leaf ripple crochet blanket pattern will be a great project to try. It only has two stitches, half double and half double crochet together.
Textured Chunky Velvet Throw Blanket Crochet Pattern
Looking for a pretty textured throw? A throw that is soft and squishy but not too hard to make?
This free textured velvet blanket will be a great project to try. It only has three stitches, half double, front post double and back post double.
I was looking for my next project and wanted to make a blanket with Bernat Velvet Yarn. I love the softest of the yarn it is even softer than Bernat Blanket Yarn.
Free Blue Dreams Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
A classic white and navy blue color combo, made with super soft Bernat Blanket Yarn. There are rows of large bobbles that make rows of puffy white clouds in this free chunky baby blanket.
I love the texture of the navy border using front and back post stitches. Change to pink and it would make a perfect gift for a little girl.
Baby blanket crochet size 81 cm x 97 cm or 32 in by 38 in
Ocean Stripes Bulky Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
A simple bulky free Bernat yarn blanket using ocean, a pretty multicolored yarn. This pretty chunky crochet baby blanket pattern uses just 2 easy stitches so it would be great for your first project using Bernat Blanket Yarn.
Baby Blanket Crochet size: 35 in x 38 in (88 cm x 96 cm)
Free Pink Dreams Cloud Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
A soft chunky clouds pink and white blanket with a pretty pink variegated yarn. This blanket yarn crochet patterns using triple crochet stitches to form rows of puffy clouds. The free baby blanket pattern uses just two crochet stitches.
Baby Blanket Crochet size: 30 in x 36 in (76 cm x 92 cm)
Gray Chunky Stripe Throw Blanket Pattern – Free PDF
Looking for a soft chunky throw blanket? A gift that is soft and practical but not too hard to make? This easy free gray stripe Bernat yarn chunky throw blanket crochet pattern will be a great project to try.
It only has 3 stitches, single, double and the even berry, which makes the textured square. This chunky throw blanket works up fast too using super bulky yarn.
Free Colorful Striped Blanket Pattern
Try this colorful striped blanket using the feather stitch. It makes a thick cozy blanket.
More Free Blanket Crochet Patterns
- Hearthside Crochet Blanket
- Mod Heirloom Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Soft Beginner Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Velvet Crocheted Blanket Pattern – Vel Luxe Throw
- Simple Crocheted Blanket Go – To Pattern
- Chunky Velvet Crochet Blanket
- Bernat Moroccan Tile Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Velvet Yarn Striped Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Larksfoot Crochet Afghan
- Sleepy Valley Baby Blanket
Pin for Later
Other Free Crochet Patterns
- Creamsicle Dishcloth
- Herringbone Dish Cloth
- Even Berry Dishcloth
- Blue Wave Dishtowel
- Leaf Ripple Throw
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket
- Easy Bunny
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Pillow – free pattern
- Star stitch Pouch – free pattern
- Free Unicorn Dreams Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Heart square – free pattern
- Jungle Baby Blanket
- Puppy lovey – free pattern
- Free Bulky Hat Patterns
- Dino Patterns -Free
- Free Market Tote Bag
- Nesting Basket – Free Pattern
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Ear Warmer – Free pattern
- Christmas Tree – free pattern
- Christmas -free patterns