Looking for a free crochet pot holder patterns to try? I have gathered several different free kitchen crochet hot pad patterns.
Crocheted potholders are great for learning a new crochet stitch. Pot holder crochet patterns are a great way to try out a new stitch technique without a lot of yarn.
You do not need much yarn, 1 skein of Lily Sugar n Cream yarn or 2 skeins of any cotton yarn to make to matching crochet potholder.
You want to make sure you use a cotton yarn so they don’t melt. Lily Sugar n Cream is a great cotton yarn to use. It is available in all kinds of solids and ombres.
Crocheted Potholder Patterns
- Crunch Stitch Pot holder Crochet Pattern
- Half Double Potholder Crocheting pattern
- Simple Double Thick Potholder
- Half Herringbone Potholder Pattern
- Learn How to Crochet a Hot Pad – Easy Pattern
It is also a great time to try different color and crochet stitch combinations. There are lots of different colors of cotton yarn in solids and variegated colors.
Crochet potholders are great for beginner crocheters too. You don’t need much yarn and you can practice before you take on a larger crochet project.
You can use them as a hot pad or trivet of the table. They work great and are durable.
Crochet potholders are great gifts too. You can choose a color to go with their décor or a neutral that would go with anyone’s style. They are practical too.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Crochet Pot Holders Patterns Free Hot Pads
This free easy double thick cotton pot holder crochet pattern is quick and easy. It is a great way to learn and practice the half double herringbone stitch.
This crochet stitch is an easy variation of the half double crochet stitch. There is a matching half double herringbone dishcloth crochet pattern too.
Try this free crunch stitch crocheted pot holder pattern. It makes a great thick texture. The pattern is a simple repeat of the half double crochet stitch and the slip stitch, two easy and basic crochet stitches.
If you are looking for a crochet pattern with no holes in it, this hot pad pattern works great. The potholder is double thick and made of cotton worsted weight yarn.
This is an easy pattern using single and half double crochet stitches to make a folded double thick potholder. It is very easy to make and a great beginner crochet pattern.
Hot pads were one of the first things I learned to make when I started crocheting. There is a matching washcloth using the same stitch.
This is the most basic crochet pot holder pattern. You crochet the single crochet stitch in a row.
Next, you just continue around until the two sides meet and make a square. Then you just whip stitch the potholder together.
These crocheted pot holders make great gifts. You can match them with a dishcloth for a simple and quick practical gift.
Try gingham crochet pattern with the colorful potholder.
Make a modern double thick potholder with a leather loop.
Try making this easy double thick potholder using a combination stitch of basic stitches. There is a matching washcloth and kitchen towel pattern.
Try this easy double thick hot pad pattern. It uses the waffle stitch to make a raised square textured.
Use the thermal crochet stitch and make a double thick potholder. This pattern is easy to do. The stitch is a variation of the single crochet stitch.
Skill Level: Beginner
Yarn Needed: 100% Cotton Worsted Weight Category #4, Peaches and Creme
Learn how to make this textured pot holder with a border using either the written pattern or video.
10. Tulip Potholder
Make your own colorful cotton potholder with this free crochet pattern.
Yarn Needed: Cotton Fingering Catona by Scheepjes
Make your own decorative potholder using an easy combination of single and double crochet stitches. This potholder has a border to finish the look.
Crocheted Woven Lines Hot Pad Double Thick Free Pattern
Try this woven two color pot holder pattern. This pattern is a combination of double crochet front and back post stitches with two colors of cotton yarn.
More Crocheted Pot Holder Patterns
- 12. Easy Peasy Potholder Pattern
- 13. Crocheted Picnic Gingham Hot Pads
- 14. Crochet Puff Stripes Hot Pad
- 15. Crocheted Herringbone Hot Pads
- 16. Crochet Harlequin Stitch Pot Holder Pattern
- 17. Simple Granny Square Potholder
- 18. Crochet Bobble Heart Potholder
- 19. Decorative Crochet Potholders
- 20. Dutch Skies Potholder
- 21. Urban Kitchen Potholder
- 22. Little Gobbler Decorative Potholder
- 23. Milk & Cookies Hotpad
- 24. Crochet Hot Pad
- 25. Thermal Stitch Crochet Hot Pad
- 26. Crochet Striped Heart Hot Pad
- 27. Granny Square Potholder Crochet Pattern
- 28. Crocheted Waves Hot Pad Pattern
- 29. The Country Crochet Hot Pads
- 30. Crochet Puff Stripes Hot Pad Pattern
- 31. Quick Potholder
Crochet pot holders are a great addition to any kitchen! They are both functional and beautiful and can be customized to fit any décor.
With a little time and effort, anyone can make these delightful items that will last for years. So grab your hook and some yarn, and get ready to make something special!
Pin for Later
Make a Crochet Dishcloth Pattern – Free
- Even Moss Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Mesh Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Half Double Cluster Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Half Herringbone Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Crunch Stitch Potholder Crochet Pattern
- Half Double Herringbone Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Crunch Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Half double crochet dishcloth pattern
- 123 Sedge Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Creamsicle Dishcloth
- Herringbone Dishcloth
- Even Berry Dishcloth
- Blue Wave Dishtowel
I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. I have 40 plus years of experience. My blogging journey started in 2013 and I have been writing about crafts and crocheting since then. I started blogging full time in 2019.