Looking for a free dish cloth pattern to try? This 123 sedge stitch dishcloth crochet pattern is a great project to try. It uses the half double stitch, the double crochet stitch and the single crochet stitch.
You can use as a square crocheted dishcloth as a cleaning cloth, dish towel, or wash cloth. They work great and are durable.
This stitch makes a diagonal pattern. It is a simple repeat, great for watching TV and crocheting.
These are great gifts too. You can choose a color to go with their décor or a neutral that would go with anyone’s style. They are practical too.
I been making all kinds of different dishcloths free herringbone dish cloths crochet pattern, creamsicle dishcloth pattern, Quick Crochet Dishcloth Free Pattern V Stitch, and even berry dishcloth so I decided to do another set in a different stitch. I also made this blue wave dishtowel using the ripple stitch.
Next, I will be sharing a baby blanket blanket using this stitch.
I love the blue. I choose because it is my favorite color. At least my cleaning cloths can be fun even if cleaning isn’t. I tried a new yarn the Lion Brand reuse in the smaller multi-colored wash cloth.
The yarn is marked worsted weight but it is definitely on the thinner side. You also only get 2.1 oz of the multi-colored so to make a larger cloth like the ones I usually make, I should of got two.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you. Any purchase you make through these links helps support my blog.
Scroll Down for Pattern – Free Printable Pdf at the bottom of pattern
How to Make a Free Cotton 123 Sedge Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- tapestry needle
- H, 5 mm crochet hook
- 5, 3.75 mm crochet hook – for smaller wash cloth
- 1– 2.5 oz Lion Brand Re-up Cotton Yarn – in Confetti – I used all of it
- 1 – 3 oz Lily Sugar n Cream in faded denim any other worsted weight cotton yarn approx 2.5oz
Sedge Stitch Pattern
Abbreviations – US Terms
- yo – yarn over
- sl – slip stitch
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- dc – double crochet stitch
You can make a larger or smaller dishcloth or a blanket by using an multiple of 3 for the chain.
Free printable pattern at the bottom of the pattern. Just click on link and print pdf out.
Smaller crochet wash cloth –
Approx. 9 in x 10.5 in (22 cm x 26 cm)
Row 1: In 2nd chain from the hook, hdc, dc, skip 2 chains and in the next work sc, hdc, dc. Skip 2 chains and repeat “sc, hdc, dc” into the next space. Repeat across to the end and there is one chain left. Work 1 sc. Chain 1, turn.
Row 2: hdc and DC into the top of the sc you just made. Skip over the dc and hdc, *“sc, hdc, dc” into the sc*. Repeat the pattern across ending the last stitch with one single crochet. Chain 1, turn.
You’ll always be looking for the sc to do your “sc, hdc, dc” into.
Repeat row 2 until you have used all the yarn, 28 rows. Cut yarn, weave in ends.
Larger wash cloth –
Approx. 11 in x 11 in (28 cm x 28 cm)
Follow as above until you have 27 rows.
Pin for Later
Other Free Crochet Patterns
- Creamsicle Dishcloth
- Herringbone Dish Cloth
- Even Berry Dishcloth
- Blue Wave Dishtowel
- Leaf Ripple Throw
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket
- Easy Bunny
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Pillow – free pattern
- Star stitch Pouch – free pattern
- Free Unicorn Dreams Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Heart square – free pattern
- Jungle Baby Blanket
- Puppy lovey – free pattern
- Free Bulky Hat Patterns
- Dino Patterns -Free
- Free Market Tote Bag
- Nesting Basket – Free Pattern
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Ear Warmer – Free pattern
- Christmas Tree – free pattern
- Christmas -free patterns