Crochet bucket hats are a must-have accessory for any season! They’re cute, trendy, and come in so many different styles. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced crocheter, you’re sure to find a pattern that’s just right for you.
Protect your skin in the spring & summer with a light-weight crochet hat. No matter what you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered with 25 of the best crochet bucket hat patterns around. So what are you waiting for? Grab your hooks and get started on one of these fun hats today!
Crochet patterns for bucket hats are great for all ages. Crocheted bucket hats are casual and easy to store. You will get great use out of your new crocheted pattern for a bucket hat.
What Is the Best Yarn For a Crochet Bucket Hat
The best yarn for a crochet bucket hat is cotton. Cotton is a breathable fiber that you can usually machine wash. Cotton is a great fiber for hats because it’s breathable and usually machine washable. The texture of the yarn helps it keep it’s shape after washing.
There are lots of different colors of cotton yarn available for crochet patterns for bucket hats from many different brands like: Lion Brand 24/7 Yarn or Lily Sugar n Cream Yarn. Most cotton yarn is medium worsted weight gauge 4.
Other Summer Crochet Patterns to Try
- Summer Crochet Hat
- 41 Free Crochet Market Bag Patterns
- Crochet Tote Bag Patterns
- 45 Crochet Summer Top Patterns
- Lightweight Cotton Baby Blanket Pattern
- 25 Crochet Top Pattern – Stylish Ideas
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Learn How to Crochet a Bucket Hat Pattern Step by Step
Videos are a great way to learn how to crochet a bucket hat step by step. Try some of these easy video crochet bucket hat pattern tutorials.
- How to Crochet a Bucket Hat Pattern Video – YouTube
- Easy Bucket Hat Pattern Video Tutorial – YouTube
- Video Tutorial – Quick & Easy Crocheted Bucket Hat – YouTube
There are paid crocheting patterns for buckets hats and free crochet bucket hat patterns in this blog post.
Easy Crochet Bucket Hat Patterns
Make a cute crochet frog bucket hat with this printable PDF pattern. This cute hat pattern has several variations: frog, strawberry, bee, and chick. There are sizes newborn through adult.
This pattern was so easy to follow and understand! I had a little bit of confusion but the seller immediately replied to help me. The confusion was completely my fault! I love the hat I made and can’t wait to make the others!
A very straightforward and easy to follow pattern! I started with the froggie bucket hat size large, and even though I am a pretty slow crocheter I finished making it in a day. I will definitely be making more!!
This pattern is very straightforward and easy to follow. It waa my first time following a crochet pattern and I think the outcome was fantastic, so much so I can’t stop making hats! (I’m working on a third one in orange!)
Try this free bucket hat pattern. This pattern has a scrappy look that is made by changing the colors on the inside without having to weave in lots of ends.
This crochet cotton bucket hat pattern uses Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton Yarn. This yarn is mercerized, which means the colors stay brighter and the yarn is strong. The yarn also doesn’t split like some cotton yarns do.
Try some of these colorful crochet patterns for bucket hats. You will not be disappointed.
I really loved this pattern! It was very easy to follow with lots of tips. I am a total beginner & my hat turned out perfect. Highly recommend!
This is a great crochet bucket hat beginners project. I used a 5mm hook instead of a 4.5 next time I’ll use the recommended hook. Hat came out great!
Try this free summer hat pattern. This pattern uses raffia yarn and laundry starch to keep it’s shape. I love the open work band of the hat. The light yellow color makes me think of summer.
Lovely pattern!! This was my first time trying tapestry crochet, so once I figured out the technique with some help from YouTube, the pattern was really easy to follow. Thank you!!
such a great pattern! easy to follow and so cute!!!
This colorful bucket hat pattern makes me smile. This would be great for flower lovers.
Try this free granny square bucket hat pattern. This pattern turns the popular granny square into a hat. There is a free printable PDF pattern available.
I used a 5mm hook and it still came out small but I should have made some more adjustments, not a problem with the pattern and my head’s just. Big. Anyway easy to understand, would recommend!! I also shortened the brim a little just out of preference and now this guy is styling.
awesome pattern!! I did go up to a 5mm hook and it was a much better fit, the 4.5 makes very small hats (I’ve made her regular bucket hat from YouTube and I also go up to 5mm) otherwise, super easy to follow!
Crochet bucket hats are perfect for summer! The patterns we’ve shared are all easy and many use cotton yarn, so they’re perfect for hot weather. We hope you enjoy making these crochet hats as much as we enjoyed finding them. What’s your favorite pattern? Share it with us in the comments below. Have a great summer!
Try this easy beginner hat using the spiral method. The hat pattern is explained step by step.
You only need one skein of Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton Yarn. This yarn comes in lots of colors that would be great for a bucket hat.
There is a video tutorial too if you are a visual learn or get stuck.
More Free Crochet Bucket Hat Patterns
- 9. Free Checkboard Summer Hat
- 10. Oh Snap Crocheted Bucket Hat Pattern
- 11. Lily Sun Swirl Bucket Hat
- 12. Lily Stripe Bucket Hat Pattern
- 13. Sunny Bucket Hat
- 14. 90’s are Back Bucket Hat
- 15. Free Winter Crocheting Bucket Hat Pattern
- 16. Granny Square Bucket Hat Pattern
- 17. Crocheting Willow Bucket Hat Pattern Free – Cold Weather
- 18. Free Basketweave Hat
- 19. DK Weight Yarn Hat
- 20. Crocheting Beach Day Bucket Hat Pattern Free
- 21. Free Striped Bucket Hat Pattern
- 22. Crochet Kitty Bucket Hat Pattern Free
- 23. Elegant Crochet Bucket Hat Pattern Free
- 24. Zoom Cotton Hat Pattern
- 25. Chunky Cold Weather Bucket Hat
- 26. Step by Step Easy Free Crochet Bucket Hat Pattern
- 27. Free Lily Flower Power Hat Pattern
- 28. Crochet Bucket Hat Pattern PDF Free
- 29. Free Crochet Granny Stripes PDF Bucket Hat Pattern
- 30. Granny Square Crochet Bucket Hat Pattern PDF Free
- 31. Chic Crocheting Bucket Hat
Try some of these fun and practical crochet patterns for bucket hats. There are lots of different crocheting patterns to try. Choose your crochet patterns for bucket hats and make it in your favorite color.
Pin for Later
Crochet Hat Patterns
- Slouchy Hat Crochet Patterns
- Animal Hats
- Winter Hat
- Beginner Hats
- Bulky Hats
- Cable Hats
- Toddler Hats
- Hat & Scarves
- Men’s Hats
- More Hats
- More Beanie
- Winter Hat 2
Free Crochet Patterns
- Ultimate List of Free Crochet Patterns
- 27 Free Crochet Baby Shoes Crochet Patterns
- 17 Free Pumpkin Crochet Patterns
- Free Chunky Pumpkin Pattern
- 5 Free Pumpkin Patterns
- 3 Free Pumpkin Patterns
- 25 Free Throw Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 25 Free Crochet Baby Afghan Patterns
- 49 Free Boy Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 11 Chunky Crochet Baby Blankets – Free Patterns
- Free Tote Crochet Pattern
- I Love Fall Throw
- Pink Bubbles Baby Blanket Pattern- Simple Shell
- Blue Dapple Crochet Baby Blanket
- Gray Blue Skies Crochet Baby Blanket
- Easy Gray & Pink Stripe Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Herringbone Stripe Baby Blanket – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Dainty Dot Baby Blanket
- Leaf Ripple Throw Crochet Pattern
- Ombre Textured Throw Blanket
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. I have 40 plus years of experience. My blogging journey started in 2013 and I have been writing about crafts and crocheting since then. I started blogging full time in 2019.