Looking for some quick and easy crochet patterns? You’ve come to the right place! Here are 13 great patterns that you can whip up in no time.
From hats and scarves to dishcloths and blankets, there’s something for everyone. So grab your hooks and get ready to create!
What Makes a Quick Crochet Project?
I love projects that are quick and easy to make. So a quick crochet project is one that is small, has easy stitches and an uncomplicated pattern.
One of my favorite stitches to uses for quick crochet patterns is the double crochet stitch. This basic stitch is easy to do and does not take up a lot of yarn.
When you use the stitch and a variation like front or back post, the pattern is interesting but works up quickly.
A quick crochet project is typically one that uses bulky or chunky yarn and large hooks. The projects also tend to have relatively simple stitches and shapes.
This combination of factors makes them quick and easy to work up. Perfect for when you need a last-minute gift or just want to treat yourself to a new project!
Want your project to go faster? Choose bulky or super bulky yarn for your project. Use self striping, variegated or solid yarn as the main color with no changes.
Quick Crochet Project Ideas
- Simple Blankets
- Mug Cozies
- Market Bag
- Bulky Yarn Hats
- Dish Towels
- Headbands/ Ear Warmers
- Kitchen Patterns
13 Quick Crochet Projects to Create Now
This double thick potholder is one of the first things I learned to make. You just use single crochet stitches and go around and around until it meets to form a square.
They work great as potholders, just make sure you use 100% cotton yarn. A stiffer cotton yarn works better in my opinion.
This chunky blanket pattern uses an easy variation of two basic stitches. This pattern works up quickly using a super bulky variegated yarn.
The granny square is an easy square to make. It is a combination double crochet stitches.
Try this easy and quick chunky yarn crochet hat pattern. This project works up fast and would make a great gift.
Make this easy men’s scarf in there favorite color. This pattern works up fast and is easy to make.
This crochet blanket pattern for beginners is a great step by step tutorial on how to make a baby blanket. It shows all the steps to make a crocheted beginner blanket.
It uses two of the most basic crochet stitches, single and double crochet. This crochet pattern is great to learn how to crochet a blanket.
This is a small and quick project. This free ear warmer pattern uses the herringbone stitch.
Make a water bottle holder with this easy pattern.
10. Hair Scrunchie
Join this 90’s hair trend and make an easy hair scrunchie. This pattern doesn’t need much yarn or time.
This chunky cowl is made using the moss stitch, an easy combo of the single crochet stitch and the chain stitch. There is a matching ear warmer too.
Make this easy crochet washcloth pattern using the wide double crochet pattern. The stitch is an easy variation of the double crochet stitch. This crocheted washcloth pattern works up fast.
This chunky scarf pattern uses super bulky yarn and a variation of the double crochet stitch for an easy and quick pattern.
More Crocheting Patterns for Beginners
- Granny Square
- Easy Double Thick Potholder
- Knotted headband
- Face scrubbies
- Pretty flowers
- Cup cozy
- iPhone case
- Flower coasters
More Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet Simple Pink Baby Blanket
- Crochet Beginner Grit Stitch Baby Blanket
- Jane Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Modern Moss Stitch Blanket
- Color Block Beginner Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Cozy & Quick Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Beginner Fall Throw Blanket
- Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
Pin for Later
More Crocheting Patterns
- Big List of Free Crocheting Patterns
- 33 Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns – Great for Cleaning
- 42 Free Crochet Washcloth Patterns to Try
- 21 Learn How to Make Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 15 Crochet Hat Patterns for Beginners – Pattern Tips
- 15 Easy Coaster Patterns to Crochet
- 31 Free Coaster Crochet Patterns – Quick & Easy
More Easy & Quick Crochet Patterns
- 27 Easy 1 Hour Crochet Projects – Patterns & Ideas
- The Best 31 Quick & Easy Keychain Crochet Patterns – Cute Ideas
- Easy Crochet Patterns – 13 Quick Projects to Create Now
- 31 Easy Crochet Bucket Hat Patterns
- 100’s of Easy Beginner Crochet Patterns – Ideas & Projects
- 20 Popular Crochet Stitch Patterns to Try
- 25 Crochet Heart Patterns Free Valentine’s Day Ideas
- 37 Easy Flower Crochet Patterns and Ideas
I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. I have 40 plus years of experience. My blogging journey started in 2013 and I have been writing about crafts and crocheting since then. I started blogging full time in 2019.