Learn how to make a cozy, scarf with this easy to follow chunky scarf crochet pattern!
Not only will the finished product keep you warm on cold days. It’s also perfect for adding a touch of style and flair to your wardrobe.
With the right materials and some simple steps, you’ll be able to make an amazing chunky scarf in no time!
This scarf crochet pattern makes a long interwoven stripe pattern set off. It is an easy repeat. The crochet pattern uses the back and front loop double crochet stitch to make this mixed line pattern
This chunky crochet scarf pattern is great for watching TV and crocheting. You could make this easy bulky crochet scarf pattern with any Caron Colorama O’Go colors you wanted or any gauge 6 super bulky yarn.
The yarn used in this scarf crochet pattern is Caron Colorama O’Go Yarn in Blue Mustang. The colors in this line of yarn go together really well.
This lovely yarn is easy to work with and comes in lots of colors. Acrylic makes up this yarn, so if you are sensitive to wool this would be a great choice.
With Caron Colorama O’Go yarn, you’ll be able to take your crafting to the next level! This bulky weight, acrylic striping yarn is ideal for creating bold and beautiful colorblocked projects.
Thanks to the innovative O’Go format, you can start stitching right away without worrying about tangles. Simply separate out the different colors in whatever order you choose, or stitch straight through the shades. Caron Colorama O’Go is sure to become a favorite go-to yarn!
Whether you’re searching for the perfect present or just looking to show someone you care, a chunky scarf is an ideal choice.
Choose from vibrant colors to match their style, or opt for a neutral hue to suit any wardrobe. Not only would they stay warm and snug, but this thoughtful gift will make them think of you each time they wear it!
Free Scarf Patterns
- Autumn Sunset Scarf
- Berry Chunky Scarf Pattern
- Free Herringbone Chunky Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Free Tweed Striped Tweed Scarf
- Easy Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Beginner Unicorn Dreams Scarf
- V Stitch Scarf
- Blue Puff Stripe Scarf
- Free Chunky Twisted Textured Scarf
- Children’s Colorful Striped Scarf Pattern
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you. Any purchase you make through these links helps support my blog.
Scroll Down for Pattern – Free Printable Pdf at the bottom of pattern
How to Make a Woven Lines Chunky Scarf Crochet Pattern
- tapestry needle
- 2 – 6.4 oz (180g) Caron Colorama O’Go Yarn in Blue Mustang or any other bulky gauge 5 yarn 228 yd (208)
- 9 mm crochet hook
Abbreviations – US Terms
- ch/chs – chain/chains
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- dc – double crochet stitch
- hdc– half double crochet stitch
- fpdc – front post double crochet stitch
- bpdc -back post double crochet stitch
front and back post double crochet: instead of going through both loops like normal you go around the post either from the front or the back. You then complete the double crochet like normal.
To make the scarf longer or smaller, use a multiple of 10 + 4. The chain 2 counts as the first stitch of each row.
Change colors every row. I cut and rolled the different colors in to separate balls for each of the colors. I did 1 row of each color repeating it twice. The dark blue had 3 rows.
Size adult women’s: 6.5 in x 66 in (17 cm x 168 cm)
Chunky Scarf Crochet Pattern
Row 1: dc in the 4th ch from the hook and in each ch across. Chain 2 and turn.
Row 2: 2nd st, *10 bpdc in the next 10 sts, 10 fpdc in the next 10 sts*, Repeat **. Last st is a hdc. Chain 2 and turn.
Repeat Row 2 until you have 11 rows or the height you want.
Cut yarn and knot. Weave in all ends.
I used the rest of the yarn to make fringe. Cut 12-5 inch groups, 1 of each color of yarn. I added the fringe on in 6 places where you can see the color from the row before.
Pin for Later
Free Winter Crochet Patterns
- Colorful Scarf and Ear Warmer Set
- Free Moss stitch Headband Crochet Pattern
- Black Tweed Free Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Easy Textured Free Crochet Headband Pattern
- Chunky Herringbone Free Headband Crochet Pattern
- Two-Tone Free Ear Warmer Crochet Pattern
- Striped Men’s Crochet Scarf
- Chunky Infinity Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Berry Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Autumn Sunset Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Barcelona Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern – Free
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Cranberry Chunky Crochet Cowl Pattern
- 25 Free Easy Ear Warmer
- Easy Beginner Moss Stitch Scarf Pattern
Winter Crochet Patterns
- Blue Waves Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Colorful Ear Warmer and Scarf Crochet Pattern Set
- Wide Rectangular Shawl Pattern
- Plaid Crochet Patterns
- Hooded Scarf Crochet Patterns
- Scarf Crochet Patterns
- Cable Blanket Crochet Patterns
- Free Slipper Patterns
- 13 Crochet Slipper
- 11 Crochet Slipper Patterns
- 33 Crochet Shawl Patterns
- 11 Crochet Headband Patterns
- 7 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- 25 Free Crochet Throw Blanket Patterns
- 11 Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 15 Crochet Ear Warmer Patterns