Looking for easy beginner moss stitch crochet patterns? Try some of these free moss stitch crochet patterns. The crocheting patterns are quick and easy, great for beginners.
The moss stitch is a woven looking crochet stitch that is made up of the most basic stitches. This crochet stitch using the single and chain crochet stitch, the first stitches you learn. This crochet stitch has even sides.
Learning how to crochet the moss stitch is easy. There are written and video tutorials below to learn the granite stitch.
After you learn the moss, granite or linen crochet stitch, try one of these free crochet pattern designs: moss stitch dishcloth crochet pattern, moss stitch scarf crocheting pattern, moss stitch crochet cowl,
This crochet stitch makes a reversible line like pattern. It is a simple repeat. The moss stitch is great for watching TV and crocheting, though it takes longer than some stitches.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you. Any purchase you make through these links helps support my blog.
Free Crochet the Moss Stitch Patterns
Dishcloth patterns are great moss stitch project to start with. They are quick and easy, perfect for beginners or anyone looking for a quick crochet project.
You will learn the pattern for moss stitch in no time. After successfully making a dishcloth, you can try some other moss stitch crochet designs.
The crocheting pattern is great for beginners. It is just one long rectangle.
Make this easy chunky moss stitch cowl pattern. There is a matching crocheted ear warmer pattern too.
This pattern works up quickly using bulky yarn. There is a free PDF pattern available.
Ear warmers are great for beginners. This crochet pattern is an easy and made with chunky yarn. There is a matching cowl pattern too.
This crochet blanket pattern is an easy project. You make stripes of the different colors followed by a border using the same stitch.
This free easy throw pattern uses Lion Brand Wool-Easy Yarn. The rectangle blanket turns out warm and soft.
This crochet pattern is a little harder then the others because instead of a rectangle you make a square. But once you get the pattern set up it is an easy repeat.
More Moss Stitch Patterns
- 7. Crochet Modern Moss Stitch Blanket
- 8. Easy Crochet Scarf Moss Stitch Pattern
- 9. C2C Moss Stitch Tutorial
- 10. Moss Stitch Afghan
- 11. Moss Stitch in a Square Crochet Blanket
- 12. Triangle Moss Stitch Shawl
- 13Free Moss Stitch Pillow Pattern
- 14. Moss Stitch Beanie Hat
- 15. Ombre Moss Stitch Cowl
- 16. Easy Bernat Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- 17. Moss Stitch Scarf
- 18. Easy to Crochet Linen Stitch Baby Blanket
- 19. C2C Moss Stitch Washcloth
- 20. Easy Moss Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket
- 21. Caron Big Cakes Moss Stitch Shawl
- 22. Favorite Moss Stitch Dishcloths
- 23. Autumn Amore Granite Stitch Mittens
- 24. Moss Stitch Crochet Dishcloths
- 25. Moss Stitch Crochet Pillow
- 26. Crochet Moss Stitch Scarf
- 27. Pattern Princess Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
Learn How to do the Crochet Moss Stitch – Picture Tutorial – Left Handed for Beginners
- Chain an even number for the chain.
- The last stitch is in between the turning chain (chain 2) and last sc.
Tie a slip knot. Make a loop that forms an X at the bottom.
Take one of the tails and make a loop and pull it through the first loop while holding on to the opposite tail of yarn.
Pull short tail to make it tighten around crochet hook.
Moss Stitch Tutorial for Beginners
Next, chain 36.
Insert hook into the 4th chain from the hook. Make one single crochet in the chain.
Then skip 1 chain and single crochet in the next. Keep repeating the skip 1 chain and single crochet in the next until you reach the last chain. Single crochet in the last chain. Chain 2 and turn.
Single crochet in the first chain space you made in the row below. Next, skip one single crochet. Then single crochet in the chain space.
Keep skipping one single crochet and crocheting one single crochet stitch in the chain space until you reach the last stich. The last single crochet goes between the last stitch and the chain 2 turning chain. Chain 2 and turn.
Keep repeating the last 2 rows until you have 34 rows or the dishcloth is square. Cut your yarn leaving a 4 in tail. Tie a knot by put the tail in through the loop on your crochet and pull tight.
Then using a tapestry needle weave the yarn tail into your work. Make sure you don’t double back and go through the loop and know you just made.
Try to stay with the same color and the thickest part of the stitch. When done cut off the rest of the yarn close to your work. Weave the starting yarn tail in too.
I hope you enjoyed this moss stitch tutorial for beginners.
Videos Learn How to – Crochet the Moss Stitch Tutorials for Beginners
Free Crochet the Moss Stitch Patterns
- Moss Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Free moss stitch scarf
- Moss stitch cowl
- Free Moss stitch ear warmer
- Striped moss stitch chunky blanket crochet pattern free
Pin for Later
Free Crochet Dishcloth Patterns
- Over the Rainbow Dishcloth Pattern
- Easy Quick Crochet Dishcloth Free Pattern Double V Stitch
- Crossed Double Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Bean Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Wide Double Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Spider Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Even Moss Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Mesh Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Half Double Cluster Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Half Herringbone Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Crunch Stitch Potholder Crochet Pattern
- Half Double Herringbone Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Crunch Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Half Double Potholder pattern
- Half double crochet dishcloth pattern
- 123 Sedge Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Simple Double Thick Potholder
- Half Herringbone Potholder Pattern
- Creamsicle Dishcloth
- Herringbone Dishcloth Pattern
- Even Berry Dishcloth
- Blue Wave Dishtowel