Looking for some cozy free chunky crochet baby blankets? I have collected some different patterns all using either gauge 5 or gauge 6 bulky yarn. Super bulky crochet baby blanket patterns are great because they work on up fast.
Another thing about chunky crocheted blankets that makes them great is they are usually made of simple stitches to show off the bulky yarn best.
The yarn is thick and squishy like the chenille yarn from Bernat Blanket Yarn.
Bernat blanket yarn is great for super chunky baby blanket patterns. It is affordable and easily available in lots of colors.
There are twists, ombres, stripes, brights, multi-colored and solids. I also like that it is all polyester which make washing and drying it easy.
I also have sensitive skin so I tend to stay away from wool, though I think I will try Lion Brand’s Thick and Quick Wool-Ease which is a combo of acrylic and wool.
Try one of these new free chunky crochet baby blankets today! They make great cozy gifts for friends and family. Make yourself some in all kinds of styles and colors.
Chunky Crochet Baby Blankets – Free Patterns
I love the texture of the navy border using front and back post stitches. Change to pink and it would make a perfect gift for a little girl.
A simple bulky free Bernat yarn blanket using ocean, a pretty multicolored yarn. This pretty chunky crochet baby blanket pattern uses just 2 easy stitches so it would be great for your first beginner project using Bernat Blanket Yarn.
A soft chunky clouds pink and white blanket with a pretty pink variegated yarn. This bulky blanket yarn crochet patterns using triple crochet stitches to form rows of puffy clouds. The free baby blanket pattern uses just two crochet stitches.
Make this pretty soft simple shell baby blanket pattern with Bernat Dappled Blanket Yarn. It works up quickly with a simple repeat and no changing of colors.
This bulky yarn baby crochet blanket pattern is made using Bernat Blanket Yarn in self striping.
Make this super chunky baby crochet pattern with self striping Bernat Blanket Yarn. The pattern has a simple repeat in this free crocheted afghan pattern.
This blanket uses the even berry stitch, one of my favorites. It makes a box texture.
Try this crochet blanket pattern with Bernat Blanket Yarn. The yarn makes the stripe with this combo of blues, tan, and white chenille yarn.
Make an easy baby blanket using Bernat Blanket Yarn. This soft chunky yarn is easy to get and comes in lots of colors.
Try this super bulky yarn blanket crochet pattern. This pattern uses the trinity stitch.
Make a super soft shell baby blanket pattern. This pretty pink and white blanket has a soft faux fur border.
Make an easy striped blanket with Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn. This free printable PDF pattern uses double crochet.
Learn how to crochet a blanket step by step. This beginner pattern uses single and double crochet stitches.
This super bulky chenille yarn blanket uses a pretty purple ombre for the yarn. This pattern has fun puffs to add a raised texture.
More Chunky Baby Blanket Patterns
- 19. Free Modern Chunky Baby Blanket Pattern
- 20. Moss Stitch Chunky Bernat Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 21. Simple Bernat Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
Pin for Later
More Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Bernat Blanket Yarn Patterns
- 25 Free Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Ombre Throw Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Velvet Throw Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Even Berry Dish Cloth Crochet Patterns
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free crochet pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Pillow – free pattern
- Star stitch Pouch – free pattern
- Free Unicorn Dreams Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Heart square – free pattern
- Jungle Baby Blanket
- Puppy lovey – free pattern
- Free Bulky Hat Patterns
- Dino Patterns
- Free Market Tote Bag
- Nesting Basket – Free Pattern
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Ear Warmer – Free pattern
- 9 Free Baby Blanket
I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. I have 40 plus years of experience. My blogging journey started in 2013 and I have been writing about crafts and crocheting since then. I started blogging full time in 2019.