Looking for an adorable crochet baby gift? A gift that is cute and practical but not too hard to make? You can always use another easy crochet baby blanket pattern. Try one of these free crochet patterns for babies’ blankets today.
There are lots of different free babies crochet blanket patterns to choose from, perfect for a little boy or girl. Most you can easily scale up for a throw too.
Crocheted baby blanket make great baby shower gifts. You can customize them to anyone taste or nursery theme.
A few of the blankets using Bernat blanket yarn which is great for super chunky baby blanket patterns. It is affordable and easily available in lots of colors. There are twists, ombres, stripes, brights, multi-colored and solids. I also like that it is all acrylic which make washing and drying it easy.
There are free crochet patterns for baby cocoons and lovey crochet patterns, free.
You could make some baby blanket to donate to local charities too. Donating is a great way to enjoy your hobby and make a difference at the same time.
You can check with the charities about sizes and styles preferred.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Free Crochet Patterns for Babies’ Blankets
A classic white and blue color combo, made with super soft Bernat Blanket Yarn. This is a great chunky yarn baby blanket pattern.
There are rows of large bobbles that make rows of puffy white clouds in this free chunky baby blanket. I love the texture of the navy border using front and back post stitches. Change to pink and it would make a perfect gift for a little girl.
This easy bulky yarn blanket is made using a chenille variegated yarn. This blanket is a combo of single and double crochet stitches in the front and back post, using a simple repeat.
A simple bulky free Bernat yarn blanket using ocean, a pretty multicolored yarn. This pretty chunky crochet baby blanket pattern uses just 2 easy stitches so it would be great for your first beginner project using Bernat Blanket Yarn.
A free modern blanket pattern using the spider stitch and Caron Chunky Cakes Yarn. This yarn is a soft super bulky gauge 6 yarn that is easy to work with. I love the mix of the grays and how there are touches of the other colors in the color before it.
The pattern is an easy repeat that gives the unique pattern of the spider stitch in lines. I love cake yarn, because it give you lots of colors without lots of ends to weave in.
This super bulky yarn baby crochet blanket pattern is made using Bernat Blanket Yarn in self striping.
This easy free babies blanket crochet pattern uses the double crochet stitch cluster. It is easy and fast to make.
This chunky blanket is made using super bulky yarn. It uses the double crochet stitch and a variation of it the crossed double crochet.
The Bernat Blanket Yarn is a pretty ombre of blues. This yarn is from the Dappled color line.
Make this super chunky baby boy crochet pattern with self striping Bernat Blanket Yarn. The pattern has a simple repeat in this free crocheted afghan pattern.
This yarn has a soft blue gray to it. The yarn is a self-striping cake yarn.
This striped baby blanket pattern uses the half double crochet stitch in this easy basic pattern.
The yarn uses is a worsted weight gauge 4 yarn called It Feels Like Butta from Lion Brand Yarn. I love the softness of this unique tube yarn. It is easy to work with but does need to be tied carefully.
This blanket would be a great baby shower gift. You could make it to match any theme.
A soft chunky clouds pink and white blanket with a pretty pink variegated yarn. This blanket yarn crochet patterns using triple crochet stitches to form rows of puffy clouds. The free baby blanket pattern uses just two crochet stitches.
This free babies crochet blanket pattern is made with the classic shell stitch using double crochet.
The yarn is a lovely coral pink ombre. It is from the Dapple Bernat Blanket Yarn color line.
This yarn make a soft chenille blanket. It works up quickly with this super chunky gauge 6 yarn.
A make a colorful and easy baby blanket using Bernat Pop Yarn. This is a self-striping yarn, available in lots of colors.
The free babies crochet blanket pattern is an easy repeatable pattern. The yarn is a worsted weight gauge 4 yarn that is easy to work with.
Try this herringbone stitch baby blanket pattern. You can easily size the blanket up if you need something bigger.
This blanket is made with super bulky gauge 6 Bernat Blanket Yarn. The chenille yarn is a cake yarn that is self striping in a pretty coral color.
A pretty lightweight baby blanket in an easy self striping yarn with a delicate texture.
This is a great gender neutral blanket. It has little pops of texture. It is made using a self-striping gauge 3 yarn.
A pretty stripe blanket with a simple box stitch repeat made with a soft yarn.The box stitch is made using double crochet, so it is an easy repeat.
This blanket is made with a worsted weight gauge 4 yarn. The yarn, Feels Like Butta from Lion Brand Yarn has a soft texture. It is a unique tube yarn that is easy to work with.
Make a cute animal blanket with safari animal appliques. There is a monkey, tiger, elephant and zebra. This cute blanket would be great for a jungle nursery theme for a boy or girl.
Make this classic navy and white combo of a plaid or gingham style baby blanket. There are lots of other different color combinations and patterns for plaid blankets available.
A textured rainbow baby blanket crochet pattern. The free babies crochet blanket pattern uses a cake yarn.
Make this pretty purple baby blanket. It has a flower like pattern. It would be great for a little girl.
A pretty solid color baby blanket, perfect for a little boy. This blanket would look great in any color.
A pretty textured baby blanket in a vintage style.
A classic look with a pink and white baby blanket with a sweet ruffle in this pink gingham blanket. There are lots of color combinations and patterns of plaid blanket available.
A granny ripple blanket with a 4 row repeat. This pattern have size and color combos for everyone.
A pretty ripple crochet pattern using a cake yarn. Try your own zig zag baby blanket.
Try this beautiful harlequin stitch to make a pretty baby blanket pattern. This blanket would make a great heirloom blanket for a boy or girl.
This crochet blanket pattern for beginners is a great step by step tutorial on how to make a baby blanket. It shows all the steps to make a crocheted beginner blanket. It uses two of the most basic crochet stitches, single and double crochet. This crochet pattern is great to learn how to crochet a blanket.
Make a super soft shell baby blanket pattern. This pretty pink and white blanket has a soft faux fur border.
This pattern is an easy repeat using basic stitches. You can easily watch TV and work on this crochet project.
Try this pretty quick and easy baby blanket. It uses 3 basic stitch single, double, and triple crochet. The pattern uses Bernat Dappled Baby Blanket Yarn so it works up quickly and easily with few ends to weave in.
This crocheted baby blanket pattern uses 3 colors of Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn, a soft super chunky yarn available in lots of colors.
Try this classic ripple baby blanket crochet pattern. This free soft rainbow baby blanket crochet pattern use lightweight cotton yarn.
More Free Baby Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 24. Crochet Mixed Cluster Baby Blanket
- 25. Herfst Blanket Pattern
- 26. Crochet Light Pink Gingham Blanket
- 27. Berries and Cream Blanket
- 28. Crochet Modern Granny Blanket in Peach and Grey
- 29. Ombre Striped Blanket
- 30. Crochet Modern Boho Granny Blanket
- 31. Catherine’s Wheel Blanket
- 32. Crochet Striped Modern Granny Blanket
- 33. Striped Thicket Stitch Blanket
- 34. Crochet Diamond Berry Stitch Blanket
More Free Crochet Patterns for Babies’ Blankets
- 35. Ripple Baby Blanket
- 36. Crochet Block Diamond Blanket
- 37. Crochet Daisy Afghan
- 38. Crochet Berry Chevron Baby Blanket
- 39. Vintage Chic Blanket
- 40. Crochet Even Berry Stitch Blanket
- 41. Daisy Travel Blanket
- 42. Crochet Boho Berry Stitch Blanket
- 43. Chevron Crochet Blanket
- 44. Crochet Polka Dot Heart Doll Blanket
- 45. Single Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket
- 46. Crochet Petal Stitch Baby Blanket
More Free Crochet Baby Afghan Patterns
- 47 Free Blue Beautiful Boy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 48. Teal Chevron Baby Blanket
- 49. Baby Boy Blue Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 50. Spring to Life Baby Blanket
- 51. Get in Line Granny Baby Blanket
- 52. Simple Stitch Baby Blanket
- 53. Crochet Boxed Block Stitch Blanket
- 54. Wintergreen Blanket
- 55. Crochet Modern Granny Blanket in Peach and Blue
- 56. Quick and Chunky Blanket
- 57. Bernat Baby Velvet Yarn Blanket
- 58. Modern Double Crochet V-Stitch Blanket
- 59. Oliver Baby Blanket
- 60. Modern Crochet Gingham Baby Blanket
- 61. Striped Thicket Stitch Blanket
- 62. Single Crochet Chevron Blanket in Mint, Gray, and White
- 63. Textured Crochet Blanket
- 64. Crochet Red Gingham Blanket
- 65. Chevron Baby Blanket
- 66. Crochet Country Blues Baby Blanket
- 67. Bahama Waves Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- 68. Crochet Polka Dot Blanket
- 69. Ever So Striped Super Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- 70. Crochet Ribbed Diamond Blanket
- 71. X’s and O’s Baby Blanket
- 72. Crochet Even Squares Baby Blanket
- 73. Crochet the Rainbow Granny Square Throw
- 74. Summertime Stripes Crochet Blanket
- 75 Springtime Baby Crochet Blanket
- 76. V-Stitch Rainbow Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 77. Baby Ripple Afghan
- 78. Road Trip Baby Blanket
- 79. Makin’ Squares Blanket
- 80. 4 Hour Blanket
- 81. Diagonal Rainbows Baby Blanket
- 82. Herringbone DC Gingham Baby Blanket
- 83. Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket
- 84. Beach Day Blanket
- 85. Feather and Fan Baby Blanket
- 86. Crochet Mixed Cluster Baby Blanket
- 87. Herfst Blanket Pattern
- 88. Crochet Light Pink Gingham Blanket
- 89. Berries and Cream Blanket
- 90. Crochet Modern Granny Blanket in Peach and Grey
- 91. Ombre Striped Blanket
- 92. Crochet Modern Boho Granny Blanket
- 93. Catherine’s Wheel Blanket
Lovey Crochet Patterns Free
- 94. Owlet Lovey
- 95. Frog Lizzie Lovey
- 96. Monster Fleece Lovey
- 97. Velvet Bunny Lovey
- 98. Baby Penguin Lovey
- 99. Little Lamb Lovey
- 101.Unicorn Lovey
- 102. Caterpillar Lovey
- 103. Lion Lovey
- 104. Panda Comforter
- 105. Oceanic Lovey
- 106. Hippo Lovey
- 107. Sleeping Kitty Lovey
- 108. Cuddliest Crochet Bear Lovey
- 109. Ella the Elephant Lovey
- 110. You Are My Sunshine
- 111. Elephant Snuggle
- 112. Tau Lion Lovey
- 113. Owl Cuddle Lovey
Free Crochet Patterns for Baby Cocoons
- 114. Baby Pod Photo Prop
- 115. Sunshine & Shells Baby Cocoon and Hat Set
- 116. Button-Up Baby Cocoon and Hat
- 117. Beautiful Baby Cocoon
- 118. Tulip Cocoon
- 119. Lace Up Cocoon
- 120. Hooded Newborn Demi Cocoon
- 121. Crocodile Stitch Newborn Baby Cocoon
- 122. Just Peachy Baby Cocoon – free crochet pattern
- 123. Cocoon Flower Prop
- 124. Mermaid Cocoon
- 125. Crochet Ribbed Baby Cocoon
- 126. Pumpkin Cutie Pie Newborn Set
- 127. Baby Cocoon
- 128. Mystic Mermaid Cocoon
- 129. Fleecy Cloud Cocoon & Beanie Set\
Pin for Later
Other Free Crochet Patterns
- Ombre Textured Throw
- Velvet Throw Crochet Pattern
- Even Berry Dish Cloth
- Herringbone Dish Cloth
- Easy Bunny Amigurumi Pattern
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Pillow – free pattern
- Star stitch Pouch – free pattern
- Free Unicorn Dreams Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Heart square – free pattern
- Jungle Baby Blanket
- Puppy lovey – free pattern
- Bulky Hat Patterns
- Free Dino Patterns
- Free Market Tote Bag
- Nesting Basket – Free Pattern
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Ear Warmer – Free pattern
- Christmas Tree – free pattern
- Christmas -free patterns