The cold weather is here and it is time to make some winter cowl crochet patterns. Try some of these crochet patterns for a cowl for free.
Cowls or neck warmers are great. They keep your neck warm without getting in the way. This is a cushy soft cowl with great texture.
There are lots of different colors and styles for you to try. Most crochet patterns for a cowl are easy and quick to make.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Crochet Patterns for a Cowl – Free Ideas
This super chunky neck warmer is made using the trinity stitch. There is a matching hat crochet pattern too.
Try this chunky cowl crochet pattern. It uses the feather stitch, which is a one row repeat pattern. There is a matching ear warmer crochet pattern available too.
This two tone cowl crochet pattern is available in a free PDF. There is a matching ear warmer to make a set.
Beginner crocheters would find this to be a great project. This cowl is made using one yarn and the beginner stitch, the moss stitch which is a combination of single and chain stitches in a 1 row repeat. There is a matching free crochet ear warmer pattern too.
Try this pretty cowl pattern using Lion Brand Mandala Yarn.
Try this gray woven cowl using bulky yarn with a button. It is an easy crochet pattern.
There is a matching hat too. Free PDF crochet pattern available for both.
There is an matching hat crochet pattern available too.
Make this easy shell stitch cowl using a pretty hand-dyed yarn. This crochet project works up quickly with an easy pattern.
More Free Crochet Patterns for a Cowl – Free Ideas
- 10. Comfy Squares Button Free Crochet Pattern for a Cowl
- 11. Cozy Infinity Scarf Pattern
- 12. Basic Chunky Button Scarf
- 13. One Hour Crochet Cowl
- 14. Free Bandana Cowl
- 15. Red Heart Camel Stitch Cowl Pattern
- 16. Chunky Crochet Cowl
- 17. Waves of Emotion Crochet Cowl Pattern
- 18. Textured Boho Cowl Crochet Pattern Free
- 19. The Bixby Free Cowl Pattern
- 20. Jumbo Puff Stitch Crochet Pattern for Cowl
- 21. Cross Hatch Button Up Cowl Pattern
Pin for Later
More Crochet Cowl & Scarf Patterns
- Free Textured Cowl Patterns
- Cowl Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Hooded Scarf Patterns
- Free Moss Stitch Scarf Pattern
- Up and Down Cowl
Winter Wear Crochet Patterns
- Free Two Tone Ear Warmer Crochet Pattern
- 25 Free Easy Ear Warmer Crochet Patterns
- Free Textured Ear Warmer
- Ear Warmer Pattern
- Headband Patterns
- More Ear Warmer Pattern
- More Headband Pattern
- Free Chunky Herringbone Headband Pattern
- Black Tweed Chunky Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
Crochet Hat Patterns
- Slouchy Hat Crochet Patterns
- Animal Hats
- Winter Hat
- Beginner Hats
- Bulky Hats
- Cable Hats
- Toddler Hats
- Hat & Scarves
- Men’s Hats
- More Hats
- More Beanie
- Winter Hat 2
Free Crochet Patterns
- 27 Free Crochet Baby Shoes Crochet Patterns
- 17 Free Pumpkin Crochet Patterns
- Free Chunky Pumpkin Pattern
- 5 Free Pumpkin Patterns
- 3 Free Pumpkin Patterns
- 25 Free Throw Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 25 Free Crochet Baby Afghan Patterns
- 49 Free Boy Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 11 Chunky Crochet Baby Blankets – Free Patterns
- Free Tote Crochet Pattern
- I Love Fall Throw
- Pink Bubbles Baby Blanket Pattern- Simple Shell
- Blue Dapple Crochet Baby Blanket
- Gray Blue Skies Crochet Baby Blanket
- Easy Gray & Pink Stripe Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Herringbone Stripe Baby Blanket – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Dainty Dot Baby Blanket
- Leaf Ripple Throw Crochet Pattern
- Ombre Textured Throw Blanket
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. I have 40 plus years of experience. My blogging journey started in 2013 and I have been writing about crafts and crocheting since then. I started blogging full time in 2019.