Looking for some cozy crochet blanket patterns? I have collected some different crochet throw patterns easy free ideas.
Many of the blanket use bulky or super bulky yarn. Crocheted chunky blankets are usually made of simple stitches to show off the bulky yarn best. Bulky yarn crochet blankets work up fast too.
You can make any crocheted blanket larger or smaller but these crocheting patterns are already sized to be a throw blanket. There are large throws and smaller lap blankets too.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Cozy Crochet Throw Patterns, Free Ideas
Try this free crochet throw pattern using the basic double crochet stitch. This blanket works up easily and is soft and cozy.
Looking for a pretty crocheted ripple throw afghan? A throw that is soft and squishy but not too hard to make?
This free velvet leaf ripple crochet blanket pattern will be a great crochet project to try. It only has two stitches, half double and half double crochet together.
This bulky yarn is a little thinner than most chunky yarns. It is a little hard to work with so it would not be a great beginner project.
Try this super chunky Caron Cakes blanket. It would be a great size for lap blanket or for a toddler bed. The yarn is soft with pretty flecks of the different colors mixed into the yarn.
This crochet throw pattern works up fast and easy. It uses the double crochet together stitch in a simple repeat.
Make a modern crochet throw blanket pattern with this free printable PDF. This pretty ombre afghan is made with an easy repeat.
Make a colorful striped crochet afghan pattern. This stitch is an easy repeat. There is a free printable PDF pattern available.
This free chunky throw blanket pattern is made using the moss stitch, which is an easy combination of chain and single crochet stitches.
The crocheted blanket is made with Lion Bran Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn. This yarn works up quickly and is easy to using.
The throw blanket crochet pattern is an easy one row repeat with a border in the same stitch. The chunky blanket would be great for snuggling up on the couch and watching a movie.
Try this free worsted weight star stitch throw. This crochet pattern is an easy repeat in gradient stripes. The pattern makes a delicate star of flower pattern.
Try this free thick and chunky crochet throw blanket pattern. This warm throw is made using single and double crochet front and back posts in an easy repeat. This blanket has a trio of pretty blue wool & acrylic yarns from Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick.
Make this colorful crocheted blanket using Caron Cake Yarn in two colors. This free crochet pattern is made using the bean stitch and single crochet stitch in an easy repeat.
Looking for a pretty textured throw? A throw that is soft and squishy but not too hard to make?
This free textured velvet blanket will be a great project to try. It only has three stitches, half double, front post double and back post double.
I was looking for my next project and wanted to make a blanket with Bernat Velvet Yarn. I love the softest of the yarn it is even softer than Bernat Blanket Yarn.
Looking for a soft chunky throw blanket? A gift that is soft and practical but not too hard to make?
This easy free gray stripe Bernat yarn chunky throw blanket crochet pattern will be a great project to try.
It only has 3 stitches, single, double and the even berry, which makes the textured square. This super chunky throw blanket works up fast too using super bulky yarn.
A free modern throw blanket pattern using the herringbone stitch and Caron Chunky Cakes Yarn.
The super chunky yarn pattern is an easy repeat that gives the unique pattern of the herringbone stitch. I love cake yarn, because it give you lots of colors without lots of ends to weave in.
Make a modern super bulky version of the classic ripple pattern using Bernat Blanket Yarn. Bernat Blanket Yarn has tons of different colors available and is an inexpensive choice.
This throw or crib size blanket is made with Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn colors in Raspberry Kisses, White, and Buttercup. These colors are my daughter’s favorite colors.
This free crochet blanket pattern is an easy repeat that works up quickly. This crochet pattern too 6 skeins of yarn.
This colorful striped super bulky throw is made using the box stitch. The box stitch is an easy stitch using double crochet and chain stitches.
Try this thick and cozy alpine stitch blanket using super chunky tweed yarn.
Make this cozy throw blanket using the double cluster crochet stitch. This pattern is a 2 row repeat that works up quickly.
An easy chunky blanket using the crochet stitch: single crochet, which make a great blanket for beginners. Wide stripes make up this color block throw blanket.
Wrap up in this soft chunky comfortable crochet throw blanket pattern using front post stitches.
Who wouldn’t love this classic chevron blanket in black and white? It would look great on your couch and would be great to cuddle under while watching TV.
Looking to make a quick throw blanket? Try this free ribbed blanket using single crochet. Add some fun pom poms to finish the bulky blanket off.
A pretty 4 color striped chevron blanket using solid chunky yarn. It has cushy pom pom too.
More Crochet Throw Blanket Patterns
- 25. Bernat Moroccan Tile Crochet Afghan Pattern
- 26. Velvet Yarn Striped Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 27. Larksfoot Crochet Afghan
- 28. Free 4 Hour Chunky Throw
- 29. Bernat Loopy Dot Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 30. Crochet Beginner Chunky Stripes Throw
- 31. Crochet Bernat Freesia Striped Blanket
- 32. Crochet Herringbone Half Mixed Stripes Throw
- 33. Crochet Modern Stripe Beginner Throw
- 34. Simple Crocheted Blanket Go – To Pattern
- 35. Charlotte Blanket Throw Pattern
- 36. Winter Tempest Blanket
- 37. Timeless Cabled Throw
- 38. Diamond Bobble Throw
- 39. Chunky Basketweave Throw
- 40. Hygge Throw
- 41. Striped Moss Stitch Throw
- 42. Continuous Mitered Square Afghan
- 43. Cross Bobble Blanket
- 44. Cheerful Ripple Blanket
- 45. Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern The Jane
- 46. Crochet Weighted Blanket using Bernat Blanket Extra
- 47. Falling In Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 48. The Andy Crochet Throw Blanket
- 49. Emily Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 50. Easy Double Crochet Blanket
- 51. Easy Crochet Lap Blanket
- 52. Clara Crochet Ripple Blanket
- 53. Herringbone Half Double Crochet Fall Blanket Pattern
- 54. Classic Ripple Crochet Pattern Tutorial
- 55. Easy, Chevron Pattern Crochet Blanket
- 56. Chunky Double Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 57. Willow Chair Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- 58. Crochet Giant Basketweave Throw
- 59. Crochet Velvet Plus Moss Blanket
- 60. Hearthside Crocheting Blanket Pattern
- 61. Mod Heirloom Chunky Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- 62. Soft Beginner Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- 63. Velvet Crocheted Blanket Pattern – Vel Luxe Throw
- 64. Chunky Velvet Crochet Blanket
- 65. Free Fisherman Throw Blanket Pattern
- 66. Textured Crochet Afghan
- 67. Crochet Colorblocked Crochet Throw
- 68. Crochet Striped Afghan Pattern
- 69. Cotton Crochet Throw
- 70. Simple Crochet Blanket
- 71. Cobblestone Pathways Blanket
Crochet Throw Patterns – Free & Easy Blanket Videos
- 72. Easiest & Fastest Crochet Blanket – Ribbed / Ridged – Super Chunky
- 73. Super Chunky Crochet: The Tight Weave Stitch
- 74. Crochet Chunky Tweeds Blanket Pattern – YouTube
- 75. How to Crochet a Super Chunky Shell Stitch Blanket – YouTube
We hope you’ve found a crochet throw pattern that inspires you! Once you finish your project, be sure to share a photo with us on Instagram @amorecraftylife. We can’t wait to see your work. In the meantime, get cozy and start crocheting!
Pin for Later
More Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 99 Free Patterns for a Crochet Throw
- 100’s of Free Crocheted Blanket Patterns
- Stonewash Chunky Blanket
- 23 Colorful Rainbow Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 75 Cozy Crochet Throw Patterns Free Ideas
- 19 Pretty Ombre Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Gray Modern Chunky Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern – Bulky Yarn
- Blue Dapple Crochet Baby Blanket – super bulky yarn
- Gray Blue Skies Crochet Baby Blanket – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Easy Gray & Pink Stripe Baby Blanket Pattern – chunky yarn blanket
- Herringbone Stripe Baby Blanket – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Dainty Dot Baby Blanket
- Leaf Ripple Throw – Velvet Yarn
- Ombre Textured Throw Blanket
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern – Bulky Blanket
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
Other Free Crochet Patterns
- Crunch Stitch Potholder Crochet Pattern
- Half Double Herringbone Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Crunch Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Half Double Potholder pattern
- Half double crochet dishcloth pattern
- 123 Sedge Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Simple Double Thick Potholder
- Creamsicle Dishcloth
- Herringbone Dish Cloth
- Even Berry Dishcloth
- Blue Wave Dishtowel
- Easy Bunny
- What size to make your blanket?
- Rainbow Pillow – free pattern
- Star stitch Pouch – free pattern
- Free Unicorn Dreams Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Heart square – free pattern
- Jungle Baby Blanket
- Puppy lovey – free pattern
- Free Bulky Hat Patterns
- Dino Patterns -Free
- Free Market Tote Bag
- Nesting Basket – Free Pattern
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Ear Warmer – Free pattern
- Christmas Tree – free pattern
- Christmas -free patterns
- Autumn Sunset Crochet Scarf Pattern
I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. I have 40 plus years of experience. My blogging journey started in 2013 and I have been writing about crafts and crocheting since then. I started blogging full time in 2019.