Looking for a colorful throw crochet pattern? A gift that is soft but not too hard to make? This modern striped bean stitch crochet blanket pattern will be a great project to try.
The crochet blanket pattern only has 2 stitches, the bean stitch and the single crochet stitch. The bean stitch is easy to learn and has a great texture.
Want to try out the bean stitch before you make a crocheted blanket? Try this quick bean stich dishcloth pattern.
A simple repeat makes this easy bean stitch crochet blanket. This colorful blanket works up fairly quickly using worsted weight gauge 4 yarn.
Two cakes of Caron Cakes Yarn is used for this colorful crochet blanket in: Strawberry Trifle and Faerie Cakes. I love the mix of colors.
This crocheted blanket is a great size for a toddler blanket or for a throw couch. You can easily scale up for a large throw too or make it smaller for a modern baby blanket.
There are lots of different colors of Caron Cakes Chunky yarn, perfect for a lots of different decors. You also use your favorite medium gauge yarn and choose 3 color for each color group.
There are affiliate links in this post. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
How to Make a Bean Stitch Crochet Blanket Pattern Free PDF – Warm & Cool
- tapestry needle
- H – 5 mm crochet hook
- 3– Caron Cakes in Faerie Cakes or any other worsted weight medium gauge 4 yarn approx. 22 oz. or 1149 yd total.
- 3– Caron Cakes in Strawberry Trifle or any other worsted weight medium gauge 4 yarn approx. 22 oz. or 1149 yd total.
Free Bean Stitch Crochet Blanket Pattern
Abbreviations – US Terms
- yo – yarn over
- ch– chain
- sc – single crochet
- st– stitch
- bean – bean stitch
special stitch – bean stitch – Insert hook in next st, yo and pull up a loop (2 loops on hook), yo in same stitch and pull up a loop (4 loops on hook), yo in same stitch once more and pull up a loop (6 loops on hook), yo and pull through all 6 loops on hook, ch 1 to complete stitch. Every bean stitch is finished with a chain 1. Bean stitch video
You can make a larger or smaller crocheted blanket by using an even number for the chain.
Free printable crochet pattern at the bottom of the pattern. Just click on link and print pdf out.
Approx. 36 in x 50 in (91 cm x 127 cm)
Gauge: 7 bean stitches x 10 rows = 4 in (10.16 cm)
Row 1: Sc 2nd chain from hook. Sc in each stitch across. Chain 1 and turn.
Row 2: sc in first st, *skip next st, bean st in next st; rep from * until 2 sts left, skip next st, sc in last st. Chain 1 and turn.
Row 3: sc in first st, bean stitch in ch-1 sp of each bean st across, sc in last sc. Chain 1 and turn.
Row 4-11: Repeat Row 3 until you have 11 rows.
Change to Faerie Cakes
Row 12-23: sc in first st or space after the turning chain and in each st and chain space across. Chain 1 and turn.
Change to Strawberry Trifle
Row 24: sc in first st, *skip next st, bean st in next st; rep from * until 2 sts left, skip next st, sc in last st. Chain 1 and turn.
Row 25: sc in first st, bean stitch in ch-1 sp of each bean st across, sc in last sc. Chain 1 and turn.
Row 26-34: Repeat Row 25
Change to Faerie Cakes
Row 35-46: sc in first st or space after the turning chain and in each st and chain space across. Chain 1 and turn.
Repeat rows 24- 46 until you have 5 stripes of single crochet and 6 stripes of bean stitch. Then do one row of single crochet on in each stitch after the turning chain. The total rows will be 128.
Cut and knot ends and weave them into the blanket.
Pin for Later
More Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Gray Modern Chunky Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern – Bulky Yarn
- Blue Dapple Crochet Baby Blanket – super bulky yarn
- Gray Blue Skies Crochet Baby Blanket – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Easy Gray & Pink Stripe Baby Blanket Pattern – chunky yarn blanket
- Herringbone Stripe Baby Blanket – Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Dainty Dot Baby Blanket
- Leaf Ripple Throw Crocheting Pattern – Velvet Yarn
- Ombre Textured Throw Blanket
- Gray Stripe Chunky Throw Blanket
- Blue Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Pink Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Ocean Stripe Baby Blanket – free pattern – Bulky Blanket
- Granny Ripple Baby Blanket -free pattern
- Hugs and Kisses Ripple Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Harlequin Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Jungle Friend Baby Blanket– free pattern
- Navy Gingham Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Waffle Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Purple Dreams Baby Blanket – free pattern
- Blue Beautiful Baby Blanket
- Diamond Baby Blanket
- Pink Gingham Baby Blanket
Other Free Crochet Patterns
- Crunch Stitch Potholder Crochet Pattern
- Half Double Herringbone Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Crunch Stitch Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Half Double Potholder pattern
- Half double crochet dishcloth pattern
- 123 Sedge Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Simple Double Thick Potholder
- Creamsicle Dishcloth
- Herringbone Dish Cloth
- Even Berry Dishcloth
- Blue Wave Dishtowel
- Easy Bunny
- What size to make your blanket?
- Rainbow Pillow – free pattern
- Star stitch Pouch – free pattern
- Free Unicorn Dreams Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Heart square – free pattern
- Jungle Baby Blanket
- Puppy lovey – free pattern
- Free Bulky Hat Patterns
- Dino Patterns -Free
- Free Market Tote Bag
- Nesting Basket – Free Pattern
- Cowl – Free pattern
- Ear Warmer – Free pattern
- Christmas Tree – free pattern
- Christmas -free patterns
- Autumn Sunset Crochet Scarf Pattern